Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

absolutely curtains

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 3:45pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
Best of luck! I did and English Lit A level (they didn't offer language)...you'll find the examiners are kind with the questions than you realise

Never! Examiners all feed off the happiness of children...

X-D

joan

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 3:46pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
Remember exam technique and think of the examiner who has to mark the paper. Write clearly and use double spacing (I'm assuming it is a handwrittten exam). Take lots and lots of spare pens. I know I don't really have to tell you all this, but a reminder never goes amiss.
It is amazing how many people with poor written English skills sit exams , so on that item alone you are already ahead.
Good luck, or as the Germans say - Hals und Beinbruch! (Not sure what the Poles would say, but it would surely be unpronounceable)

absolutely curtains

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 3:49pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
My form tutor's got a poem about pens -

Take one to break,
One to lose,
One to lend
And one to use!

Isn't that great? X-D

joan

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 3:55pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
Love it - and so true!

ysabella

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 11:28pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
I'm sure you'll do very well. I hope that dog gets sorted out!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 12:16pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
How did the exam go, Mr Steed ??? Share the experience with us, please!

The next event to get nervous about is the baby┬┤s imminent arrival then - I hope everything goes well

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 3:37pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
OKish. Tell you more later.

Betsie

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 5:48pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
Sorry I wasn't in time to say "I'm sure you'll be brilliant" so I'll just say:

I'm sure you were brilliant.

boffinbabe12

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 6:48pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
I can't wait until i finish education... hopefully that will mean no more exams....

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 7:40pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
I can't wait until i finish education... hopefully that will mean no more exams....

you never really finish education though... you are always going to be doing something... be it college, a nightcourse, an update course for whatever you want to do in life... things are always changing so you have to keep learning...

Aoibheann

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:00pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
I learned something new today.. well a few things... in work i learned how to do contracts for clients and contractors... and then i learned that smoking really makes my tummy hurt more.. and also... that i really love that timbaland, nelly and justin song a lot.. couldnt stop singing it...!!

see.. life is all about learning and experiences.. even if they are insignificant and small.. you are still learning.. !!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:02pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
I'd like to learn what your avatar is now.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:10pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
i'll leave that one to aoibh, she is the michael collins information queen...

Aoibheann

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:33pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
Ohhh... i cant sumarise my lovely man... ... He is a legend in Ireland.. amazing man.. he was a irish revolutionary.. he took part in the 1916 rising.. (trying to free ireland from the chains of the british and gain our independence and national identity back) he spent his life fighting for ireland.

He achieved so much.... he helped fight the British to a stalemate by changing the rules of warfare and setting up an intelligence network to rival the Empire's. He helped negotiate a treaty which gave Ireland the first stepping stone to become a a Republic and oversaw Ireland's turbulent transition to democracy.
but it did cost something....... he preciptated the bloody War of Independence against the british and the treaty deal brought back from London split the country into two fiercely opposing halves and plunged the country into a traumatic civil war. Which led to his death in his own county by opposing forces... Co. Cork... he died far to young.. his nickname was 'the big fella'

A website descibes him beautifuly.....

'There have been many famous Irish patriots before him, and a few since, but none conjures up as much emotion and mystery as the man who, in a span of six short years, brought a country from bondage to a position where she could win her freedom. There are few left alive who remember Michael Collins, but his shape looms large on the Irish horizon.'

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri May 18th, 2007 8:36pm Post subject: Say a little prayer, think of me, cross your fingers...
*Round of applause* well put Aoibh!

hahahah you show your true colours when you speak of him....