Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

James_McGregor

Posted Fri Feb 3rd, 2012 11:58pm Post subject: Saying it with pictures

Hi all,

Nice to see everyone being creative, and to have a place to do it so freely

For me my creativity is something that i try to express with photography, to the end that i have been creating a Noir and a Movie Feel themed couple of sets at my website at http://www.jmcgregorphotos.co.uk - These sets have been good therapy for me, and say more about me, my situation and my outlook than any number of words that i could write.

Thanks for lookin

Ambrosia

Posted Sat Feb 4th, 2012 12:03am Post subject: Saying it with pictures

Hi, James, I've been trying to look at your photos, but when I click on them they don't enlarge so I can't really examine them closely, which is a shame. From what I can see of the small versions on your home page, they look atmospheric and interesting, but I'd like to see bigger versions if that's possible.

PS: Ignore that. It was me being particularly stupid and not allowing them to load properly. I've now seen them and I think they are absolutely beautiful! You are amazingly talented. They are just the kind of atmospheric photographs I love.

Can I make one small comment? You don't need the explanatory text, your wonderful photos speak for themselves. Please don't take that as a criticism, I just don't think the descriptions are needed.

James_McGregor

Posted Sat Feb 4th, 2012 12:45am Post subject: Saying it with pictures

thanks Ambrosia, i guess the main reason for the captions was one of the first things you learn as a photographer is to always give a photo a title lol i guess it kind of stuck! very glad you like though, thanks a lot

James_McGregor

Posted Sat Feb 4th, 2012 12:52am Post subject: Saying it with pictures

ps. if youd like to see proper high res versions you can see them on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/luminar2010/