Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

benson

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 5:44pm Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
oh hell... today is just one of those days when i want to take apart everything in sight with my bare hands. i would try to work it off with exhausting myself with some physically taxing endeavour, but i am too fucking exhausted already. why do i have no control over what happens? i wish i could sleep for a week, or have an on/off button to go away when i can't take it any more.

Red Raven

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 10:15pm Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
I know this feeling all too well. It happens to me at least 7 days a week. Hang in there!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 10:42pm Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
Rage hon, rage. It's a good for the soul as chicken soup

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 1:09am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
oh hell... today is just one of those days when i want to take apart everything in sight with my bare hands. i would try to work it off with exhausting myself with some physically taxing endeavour, but i am too fucking exhausted already. why do i have no control over what happens? i wish i could sleep for a week, or have an on/off button to go away when i can't take it any more.

i'm sorry, benson! someone told me they used to buy used furniture at a thrift store and smash it with a sledge hammer. i know what you mean by not having the energy to! it's too bad there aren't little whack-a-mole things in the zero room.

benson

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 4:46am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
after feeling that way i always get into a weird state when i should be going to bed... leading me to do exercises in my darkened room after everybody else had gone to sleep. then i got very confused when a mosquito woke me at four am. i thought the sound had something to do with the university course i want to do. so i listened to it intently. idiot. this is why i want to do kick-boxing, or some violent martial art.

hope you are not having a too terrible day just yet, red raven. if you are, come and smash something with me.

thanks for the words...

Red Raven

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 5:04am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
I would love to come smash up something with you.

When I first started my job a guy I work with and I would have to smash up old furniture for the dumpster. I always ended up getting hurt by flying splinters and all that but it was GREAT!

Also, Benson...I used to study Ju Jitsu for a while. I didn't get too far(Orange belt) due to not having enough money for it and work conflicts but I LOVED it! For one thing, as a woman, it was great to learn how to defend myself. For another, it was great to pound on people and know the moves to drop a man twice my size with just a few fingers. The Prof. would always say to me before I stepped out on the mat, "I wanna see some blood...and it better not be yours". It was a huge self-confidence boost! He was getting me really hyped about competing before I had to stop the lessons. You should give it a shot! Seriously, most places will let you watch and even join in a lesson for free to see if it's something you really want to pursue, give it a shot and see what you think.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 5:21am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
i used to do capoeira. you aren't really supposed to hit anyone hard, and it's really playful. i really really loved it. kicking, cartwheels, doing the crabwalk, playing the drums, attempting to speak portuguese!! i had to quit due to time and some other difficulties.
anyways...

benson, you should try something like kickboxing or martial arts if you want to. i'm not much for the violence, but any martial art requires a great combo of concentration and body movement... it's two hours of not having brain space left for much else. capoeira helped me a lot more than meditation ever has...but in a way they both force you to be in the present moment and not let yourself get flooded with any other thoughts besides being in your body and letting intuition guide you.

Red Raven

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 5:27am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
The more I think about it...when I was in Ju Jitsu it was a very strenuous work out. Like Banjo said 2hrs...and it was constant movement and serious work. I remember that after class I would be so pumped with endorphins(sp?) that I would be almost pissed off(similar to a man with too much testosterone). I was ready to fight and got snippy. So I had to work out a cool down for myself so I could calm. But that was just me...I don't know if it would be the same for anyone else.

maybe I just have serious rage issues....(maybe? heh I do.)

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 5:57am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
i suffer from pretty bad rages...i find the best thing for me is to tire myself out.

RR, how far is an orange belt? sounds scary/impressive

Red Raven

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 2:26pm Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.

RR, how far is an orange belt? sounds scary/impressive

Where I went there weren't that many belts(like you would have in karate for example) I think it was in this order...

white
yellow
orange
green
purple
brown
black

Not that impressive but looking back on the belt tests I had to take...I'm suprised I got that far.

LilyG

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 3:32am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
no that's cool!

you can officially kick someones arse!

Red Raven

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 3:42am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
no that's cool!

you can officially kick someones arse!

Hehe I'm a little out of practice but I will admit that I pity the fool that tries his luck with me. X-D

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 6:07am Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
um...i can cartwheel your ass/arse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_Kt_k3oeY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7hBY4lQ2c

sigh...i was never that good!

well, benson, maybe those clips will entertain at least.

Red Raven

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 1:30pm Post subject: scream, rant, cry, destroy.
um...i can cartwheel your ass/arse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_Kt_k3oeY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7hBY4lQ2c

sigh...i was never that good!

well, benson, maybe those clips will entertain at least.

Woah! I was never any good at things like that! I'm really impressed with that.