Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 6th, 2008 4:12pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
Needing a genious to help me with my problem at the moment. I've searched the internet high and low but cannot find a definitive answer to my question... is there a name for someone with a fear of polystyrene? I don't mean a dislike.. i mean an actual (irrational? possibly..) phobia..

Perhaps i am the only one, but i have a strong dislike for this material and one that i daren't fight alone.

The fictional part of my fear is the fact that where i'm from polystyrene has evolved within itself, having bred with ducks for many millenia to the point where it has managed to mutate with legs.. and having become aware that i had discovered it's dastardly secret and found it's blue-prints to replace all the polystyrene packaging in the world with blu-tac, it began following me home on summer nights looking for a way to rid of me, fortunately because it's winter it has to stay away (Polystyrene + Water = disaster). I don't fear for my life, because if it comes down to it i'm sure i can fight it off with my trusty samurai.. lamp, although it would result in a mental scar so deep it can only be filled with tears.

Incidently, does anyone know how blu-tac is made? In my little fantasty realm it's mined as it is, by smurfs... please don't tell me i'm wrong.

I love you all. xxxxxxxxxxxx <3

The moral of the story. No matter how down you feel, or weird, or rejected by the world.. just remember, you're not as insane as i am.

PS1. This story was invented to conquer the boredom i'm experiencing on God's day of alleged rest, seems he runs the networks of quality programming on the old picto-cube.

PS2. I genuinely have a fear of polystyrene.

PS3. I only put numbers after the PS cause i wasn't sure if it was PPS or PSS.. i feel a fool

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Jan 6th, 2008 4:25pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
o_0

NHStress

Posted Sun Jan 6th, 2008 4:45pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...

Red Raven

Posted Sun Jan 6th, 2008 4:48pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
This post made my day. You paint a hilarious if not frightening picture. Unfortunately I don't think there is a name for the phobia. Perhaps you could name it? I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

WhyGenTom

Posted Mon Jan 7th, 2008 4:35am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
It dawned on me... Polystyrene + Water = Disaster and breeding with ducks is a contradiction.. if it evolves to the point where it can be become water resistant, well we're all finished aren't we.

This post made my day. You paint a hilarious if not frightening picture. Unfortunately I don't think there is a name for the phobia. Perhaps you could name it? I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

I think it already has a medical term actually... 'insanity'... but there must be someone else in the world with my same fear? Possibly... no.

Can't help but feel i didn't get the answers i came for... you've let me down ladies and gents hope it entertained just a lil tho? meh..

xxxxxx <3

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jan 7th, 2008 5:15am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
It would be PPS. As in post post-script.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jan 7th, 2008 6:35am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
styrophobia ???

WhyGenTom

Posted Mon Jan 7th, 2008 6:53am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
styrophobia ???

that doesn't get to the heart of the terror for me.

i think it's one of those things like being scared of death, and psychopath axe weilding murderers... doesn't need a name because it's just so scary it's a no-brainer type of fear?

and thanks c_r... thanks to you i've learnt something today, i need to lay down now

xxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

Red Raven

Posted Mon Jan 7th, 2008 12:25pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
WhyGenTom, if you Google "polystyrene phobia" you'll see that others do have the same fear. However, I didn't see anyone else worried about poly-ducks wandering around to eat them. Their fears came in the forms of cups and popcorn.

...Ducks do like popcorn tho...don't they?

masquerade

Posted Mon Jan 7th, 2008 5:56pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
I don't know whether I have a fear of polystyrene or just a fear of the noise it makes, but I can't stand the sight of it because I know if someone touches it I will be forced to run away screaming. X-D

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jan 7th, 2008 7:38pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
I don't know whether I have a fear of polystyrene or just a fear of the noise it makes, but I can't stand the sight of it because I know if someone touches it I will be forced to run away screaming. X-D

You mean that horrible skreeeeeeeee noise?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jan 7th, 2008 7:39pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...

and thanks c_r... thanks to you i've learnt something today, i need to lay down now
<3

My duty as an educator is done!

WhyGenTom

Posted Tue Jan 8th, 2008 6:32am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...

You mean that horrible skreeeeeeeee noise?

I think you'll find thats their war-cry... lol. i think that's a bit like running your nails down a blackboard, noone really likes that... and as proof of how cruel this world is they use the damn stuff as packaging so u have to slide it out of cardboard boxes, argh. the feel also is horrendous.

wanna make it clear, i don't have a fear of ducks.. infact i love ducks, although in the center of the town i live in we have this sign...

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&am.....4447584286 (forgive the poor link, bebo doesn't wanna play at uploading pics properly)

Beware of the ducks? Why is this i wonder... and yes i did stand on the side of a busy road, with 2 friends looking embarassed as i took a picture of that

Every day in the news... conspiracies about Diana's death, the government and 9/11 and so on... why has this been overlooked? WHY!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

ClareBear

Posted Tue Jan 8th, 2008 12:30pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...

Beware of the ducks? Why is this i wonder... and yes i did stand on the side of a busy road, with 2 friends looking embarassed as i took a picture of that

It's because motorists aren't allowed to hit ducks, as they have webbed feet. Something like that anyway.

I guess it might slow drivers down more than a 20mph sign would.

Red Raven

Posted Tue Jan 8th, 2008 2:55pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
We have those signs here, but they have seemingly happy frolicking deer on them. Around here the only motivation to take the warning is the risk of major damage to your vehicle, but some people compensate that by straping the carcass on and taking it home for dinner.