Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jan 9th, 2008 7:13am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
I have an irrational fear of people holding balloons with 2 hands, as I fear the bursting sound no matter how much I can see it coming.

WhyGenTom

Posted Wed Jan 9th, 2008 9:41am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
We have those signs here, but they have seemingly happy frolicking deer on them. Around here the only motivation to take the warning is the risk of major damage to your vehicle, but some people compensate that by straping the carcass on and taking it home for dinner.

roadkill on a duck isn't so common i don't think? + they're semi-submerged in water alot of the time... and how often do they cross roads anyway, especially when there's only an opticions and a grammar school the other side of that road (ironically i don't think there's a childrens sign, although there is a crossing... why cant the ducks just use that? they'll never learn if we give them right of way). if the sign was on the side of a canal or something then maybe i'd understand but this is just too far, too much of our taxes is being wasted on signs for ducks! we must rebel against this monstrosity, who's with me???

john steed, you've made me feel slightly better about my fears lol. although i gotta say i don't like the feel of inflated balloons.. or wooden ice-cream sticks / fish and chip shop wooden forks for that matter.. am i just mental?

by the way when this thread goes beyond the point of reality, and there's a genuine risk of breaking time and the world as it appears.. or if i just go to far and you want me to stop, ur more than welcome to let me know because 'beware: my randomness is a river that never runs dry'.. that's a sign worth having in my opinion.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jan 9th, 2008 9:46am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
I drove home from work by the scenic route one day last summer and me and the driver in the opposite direction stopped to let a family of ducks cross from the pond on one side to the pond on the other. I guess there could have been other days when the ducks might not have been so lucky.
The amount of domestic roadkill in Poland is frightening, however. I've seen more dead dogs and cats in the road over the last 3 years than I saw in a lifetime in London. Maybe it's becase in England we don't let our dogs out of the house unsupervised AND we almost always train them. That would also explain why there's more barking in Poland (even Polish people have noticed how much quieter dogs are in London).

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jan 9th, 2008 9:48am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
I have another strange personality facet, though not a phobia. I have such a big problem with gold jewellery that very often if I'm in a place like a classroom for a long time I find my eyes drawn to it in the same way (and this is how I feel inside too) as I would if the person had a peculiar birthmark, scar or female moustache. It's like I'm constantly thinking "Oh my good God, look at that thing, how do you live!?"

WhyGenTom

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 10:19am Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...
I have another strange personality facet, though not a phobia. I have such a big problem with gold jewellery that very often if I'm in a place like a classroom for a long time I find my eyes drawn to it in the same way (and this is how I feel inside too) as I would if the person had a peculiar birthmark, scar or female moustache. It's like I'm constantly thinking "Oh my good God, look at that thing, how do you live!?"

that is quite strange... and i use the word quite, wrongly lol. what is it about the human mind that makes us have these completely irational, and somewhat rediculas fears and dislikes?

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 5:00pm Post subject: Seeking Genious, 16-99, For Help And Maybe More...

Wow. How intriguingly odd. I dislike gold jewellery myself, but not to that extent...