Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jan 28th, 2008 2:39am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
Oh man, Fryphile is going to be on the still of Kingdom sucking his thumb like flys on poop. Go get it girl (boy?)!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Jan 28th, 2008 4:23am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
BOY.

can't wait.

flookwit

Posted Mon Jan 28th, 2008 9:44am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
Deleted

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Jan 28th, 2008 9:59pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
Aww silly Stephen what were you doing sewing your trousers while you were still wearing them? Now you've got a booboo. Don't worry I can kiss it better. ^_^

Did anyone else squee when Peter had Lyle put Wagner on for the car chase?

I noticed the look in his eyes too flookwit. *sigh* I just wanted to hug him when he asked if there was anyone honest left in the world.

Squee I can't wait for next week's episode. Stephen being all cute and dressed up for the cricket with a hat. ^_^

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Jan 29th, 2008 12:38am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
I'm so predictable.

nomnomnomnomnom

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jan 29th, 2008 10:01am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
Yay nom nomming Stephen!

alley

Posted Tue Jan 29th, 2008 10:45am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
Hahaha the sucking thumb is great!!!!!!

i loved the ep
well all the simon business is a tad much but the rest....

i winced when i saw the ipod holder in the car. i mean okay he's a nerd but in such a beautiful car??? an i pod????
*winces*

i honestly keeled over when lyle switched on the ride of the valkyrs.... wagner just the right thing for a chase...

good old anti-semite *grumbles*

i would have expected something a bit more subtle and inventing like schuhmanns 10th davidsbuendler dance, that one is good for a chase scene too, especially in the city

but they went for the obvious *grins*

and i loooved snell and gloria
┬┤soooo cute

Gine

Posted Wed Jan 30th, 2008 8:11am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
I am a big fan of Stephen Fry, but as an American USAF spouse living in East Anglia episode 3 was appalling .

First we would NEVER fly that close to someones home! Its illegal and dangerous. I know the noise from the jets an planes is annoying but never dangerous! I live close to RAF Marham, aBrit base and their jets annoy me too.

Second, RAF Fakenheath/Lakenheath looked like something out of the 1940's seriously we have money and have updated since WWII. I know Kingdom is a tv show and can't build a 21st century air base, I get that but I really didn't like the name change. Fakenheath is not a nice name.

Third, we do not put our first name initial on our uniforms.

Fourth, the Corporals accent was horrible! Seriously bad. I'm from North Carolina and have lived all over the states, never have I heard that accent.

Fifth, there are NO corporals in the air force. Thats the army. Our equivalent would be an airman and that man was too old to be an airman. He would be at least a Staff Sergent.

I don't like the write letters like this. I have truly enjoyed Kingdom and living here in the area it is filmed is a great seeing the places I know on tv. I was really excited that an American US Airman was going to be in the show but I was really let down.

I would like to offer my self to the show if they do need any questions about the USAF answered maybe I could show you around the base.

flookwit

Posted Wed Jan 30th, 2008 9:58am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
deleted

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Jan 30th, 2008 1:28pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
Did anyone catch that the guy who played Brad Johnson (Nigel Whitmey) was also in a Jeeves and Wooster episode?

I thought that the truly appalling thing about this episode was the base commander's cringe-inducing line, "Someone has to defend your country, Kingdom." I mean come ooooooooooonnnnnnnnn. WHATEVA BBQ

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

flookwit

Posted Wed Jan 30th, 2008 1:46pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
Deleted

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Jan 30th, 2008 2:46pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3

I thought that the truly appalling thing about this episode was the base commander's cringe-inducing line, "Someone has to defend your country, Kingdom." I mean come ooooooooooonnnnnnnnn. WHATEVA BBQ

Maybe I don't understand something here, Fryphile, but my head is hurting........Hasn't anyone got a friggin sense of humour and delight in fiction here???!!!!!

(Bangs head on keyboard and swigs large dram of Malt to kill the agony)

Sorry for causing you agony, but that line honestly, truly made me , something I'd never done before while watching Kingdom. That is my only quibble in an otherwise delightful and adorable episode. I love the series to pieces, and evidently so do you, as do many people here. That doesn't mean I have to love everything about it. Again, just one little line, no big deal. I'm over it. Actually, I was over it as soon as I saw Stephen's ripped trousers and that golden pond of Fry thigh

flookwit

Posted Wed Jan 30th, 2008 3:09pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
deleted

bogandken

Posted Wed Jan 30th, 2008 5:19pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
I do think that point here is that it is totally, undeniably fictitious and meant to be funny and OTT. I live on a military base now and have recently left Marham as my husband is in the RAF. Not one person I know would think this 'real' in any way. The fact that Marham is a Tonka base and the F16's featured do not live at Marham is pretty obvious. The super imposition of the jet above Snell's house was pure humour.
I used to be a yard manager by the way and train horses and they get used to the jets very quickly. My own dog used to be a right little ( well he was 86KG) NATO potato plane spotter and lie in the garden not one mile from the runway watching them!
I appreciate you standing up for your country and your husband's involvement with the Military but I can assure you that nobody will be writing to the CAA to complain!!!!I personally I only have one fume about this whole episode and that is I had briefed my husband to get me all the details of the filming that day and he jolly well went sick!!!! In 18 years of being in the RAF he never goes really sick until the week of filming! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
P.s a pilot would not be talking to Solicitors on his walk round either!
Be at peace Gine, there was no bad reflection of you or your Countryman.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jan 30th, 2008 6:24pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 3
Damn and I thought I had it bad on Sunday. The one time I watch Kingdom with my parents would be this one. My dad would not shut up about how the planes kept changing from shot to shot, like more then one type of plane was being shown to represent one plane and in some shots they were armed and in the next they weren't. He was driving my mum and I up the wall going on and on about it and how you'd never get the planes flying that close to houses.