Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:29pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4

'...seeing as aussies are great cricketers and all ...'

Er...may we have The Ashes back, please ?

hmmm....let me think about that....

never!!!

HOWZAT??!

<3

jemmo

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:34pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4

'...seeing as aussies are great cricketers and all ...'

Er...may we have The Ashes back, please ?

hmmm....let me think about that....

<B>never!!!</B>

HOWZAT??!

<3

Just wait until 2009 !

Hooray for The Barmy Army !!!!
X-D X-D X-D

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:39pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4
hehehe, don't forget your sunscreen boys.
remember sun? that stuff that makes your skin go red and peel?

nah but seriously, it'll be a great match. last one was a bit boring and one sided though *coughcough*

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 1:35pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4
We have a winner !!!!!

er, cricket box ????

This little gentleman's item (worn by both batsmen and the wicket keeper behind the stumps) is referred to as a 'box'. Weird, eh ?

TA-DA....

You win 6 Frypoints... (runs)

Now if any of you find yourselves sitting next to Stephen at a cricket match, you'll be watching the umpire and will know when to clap. When Stephen starts talking cricket, you'll be able to make some impressive and relevant remarks; so much so that Stephen will invite you into the Member's Bar to have a quiet drink with him.

:-// :-//
thank you very much, but without emma_wemma´s hint (abdo guard) I would have never succeeded! When you google for "abdo guard" you occasionally get "cricket box" in parentheses.... (I find the "cricket" bit weirder than the "box" bit... I mean, you won´t find crickets in that box, will you? )

but I am overjoyed to have won 6 prestigious Frypoints

Invitation into the Member´s Bar? In my case, Stephen would most certainly only try to find refuge there in order to escape from my ignorance X-D

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 6:50pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4
noooooooo! you can't say that in cricket! good lord! an indian player recently called one of the aussie team members a monkey and now they're fighting about it in a racism hearing in court.

(just joined...i thought as an australian, i owed it to you brits to help educate the foreigners with you..seeing as aussies are great cricketers and all )

I'm a Brit and I didn't know anything about cricket (even though it was played at my school and we had to watch the boys play it every summer). A lot of it sounds like rounders but with fancy words to confuzzle us!

Assuming direct control...

jemmo

Posted Fri Feb 8th, 2008 7:50pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4
hehehe, don't forget your sunscreen boys.
remember sun? that stuff that makes your skin go red and peel?

nah but seriously, it'll be a great match. last one was a bit boring and one sided though *coughcough*

Hmmm...I've got to agree with you.

No excuses. We sucked. :-// :-// :-//

LilyG

Posted Sat Feb 9th, 2008 12:32am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4
but you also invented it, so all is forgiven

jemmo

Posted Sat Feb 9th, 2008 9:38am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4
but you also invented it, so all is forgiven

We should never have taught every other country that now plays cricket - and has subsequently thrashed us *groans*.

I guess we asked for it.

nongenderous

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 1:04pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 4
I watched this episode yesterday and Stephen speaks Norwegian in the episode. I know it was just one line, but it's fun to listen to him speak my language, and Norway was mentioned several times during the episodes in different contexts.