Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Midsomerlover

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 9:57pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
Well, I really liked this episode. Especially Lyle and his G-Whiz, that was a very funny storyline. The scenery in Cambridge was also stunning as ever. X-D

Were it my thoughts or was Peter Kingdom not so much present in this episode? I had the feeling he was not the most important person today.

Oh, and it's nice to see Beatrice back

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 10:12pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
Eek! *covers eyes and ears* I've not downloaded the episode yet! (and yet I clicked the clearly titled link, I know! I know!)

WhyGenTom

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 2:04am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
although I still haven't really got into the series (despite my determination) I thought it was a good episode... seemed rather tied down to 2 seperate stories rather than far too many in the previous which I found hard to follow, especially not knowing who's who yet lol.

Only one VERY brief appearance from Mr Snell though, which disappointed me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

Maureen

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 11:22am Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
Well, I really liked this episode. Especially Lyle and his G-Whiz, that was a very funny storyline. The scenery in Cambridge was also stunning as ever. X-D

Were it my thoughts or was Peter Kingdom not so much present in this episode? I had the feeling he was not the most important person today.

Oh, and it's nice to see Beatrice back

I think the split geographical location was why Peter featured less - the storyline followed him in Cambridge (and I agree about the spectacular scenery - I love Cambridge!) and what was going on 'at home'.

Enjoyed the episode, and one of the strengths of the series is that it has more than one character worth focussing on.

greentree

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 5:20pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
Lyle and the cats was especially funny; he's a great comedy actor.

No sig.

JSKanga84

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 8:30pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
On the season 1 behind the scenes stuff, they said that it was a challenge to find an actor who could keep up with the likes of Stephen Fry and Tony Slattery and who could carry his own story lines, etc. How lucky we are that they found such an actor! Much love for Karl Davies-- he's doing a fantastic job!

Midsomerlover

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 9:49pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
On the season 1 behind the scenes stuff, they said that it was a challenge to find an actor who could keep up with the likes of Stephen Fry and Tony Slattery and who could carry his own story lines, etc. How lucky we are that they found such an actor! Much love for Karl Davies-- he's doing a fantastic job!

I agree completely. I really really hope that 'Kingdom & Kingdom' will become 'Kingdom & Anderson'. It would be great!

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 6:42pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
"Tell me honestly, does my bum look big in this?"

*fantasizes about helping Stephen dress*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 7:05pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
Cambridge looked so beautiful and big and spread out! And omg did you see that library full of old books? Can people really take those books out? Touch them? Wow I can't get over the buildings for the college, it's so unreal, all so old and beautiful. I can't believe people actually study there.

Squee! Stephen minus jacket and loosened tie. I love seeing him in a slight state of undress with the shirt and braces. ^_^ I totally wanna squishel him.

Then later on he's wearing robes. ...and at the beginning when he's fussing over ties and worrying about his bum....and ZOMG punting Stephen!!

Yay Beatrice will be back proper next week I can't wait and her baby looks so adorable.

Assuming direct control...

JSKanga84

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 3:08pm Post subject: Series 2, Episode 5
Is this ep. up on youtube yet? I didn't see it when I checked last night.