Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Jul 12th, 2009 11:39pm Post subject: Series 3!!!!
Haha, that's what I thought when I saw the show too. ;lol: Well, I guess he had to they wrote it into the script so he didn't have a choice. He would look like an arse if he showed up next season without loosing weight. X-D My how tricky they are.

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 4:05am Post subject: Series 3!!!!
Strange... I thought the preview for this episode showed Stephen with his arm strapped up... on closer inspection he was just holding a piece of paper across his arm. My defective eyes playing tricks on me again...

... anyway...

:'( Poor Peter and Beatrice!! Can't believe that happened!

iharrison30

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 12:47pm Post subject: Series 3!!!!
I do hope they make a 4th series, I love this program. Also I hope they bring out series 3 on DVD. I bought the first series on DVD, then the second series when they where giving the DVD's away in the Daily Mail I think it was. I have the 3rd series on Sky + but I would love to be able to add it to iTunes.

I think they must make a 4th series to follow who and where Peter really is and from.

Heres to a 4th series

Harry

Soph

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 6:19pm Post subject: Series 3!!!!
The ending was a shocker!

(Peter was pefectly sweet throughout the episode. I must learn to stop watching Kindgom with my dreamy eyes!)

I think they must make a 4th series to follow who and where Peter really is and from.
My thoughts precisely. I'm sure they won't leave it as that.

Photobucket

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Jul 13th, 2009 6:25pm Post subject: Series 3!!!!
Well, I have been watching the ratings, and with the exception of the first week (when I think Britain's Got Talent may have been on?), Kingdom has been winning the time slot every week. So, if Stephen is willing, I think we should get a fourth series out of this.

Help

Posted Tue Jul 14th, 2009 12:26pm Post subject: Series 3!!!!
The ending was shocking?! I haven't seen it yet and now I have to wait all day to watch it tonight.
Soph, you little tease!

Queen Marge

Posted Tue Jul 14th, 2009 10:05pm Post subject: Series 3!!!!
I have really enjoyed this series (as has Mother of Queen Marge), and the ending was excellent.

... there must be a series 4!

Katrina

Posted Wed Jul 15th, 2009 1:01am Post subject: Series 3!!!!
Well, I have been watching the ratings, and with the exception of the first week (when I think Britain's Got Talent may have been on?), Kingdom has been winning the time slot every week. So, if Stephen is willing, I think we should get a fourth series out of this.
Yeah, I'm seeing the ratings over here and they're massive, like a 26% share or something, so no worries there!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

exoskeleton

Posted Wed Jul 15th, 2009 1:51am Post subject: Series 3!!!!
^that's so cool that it gets excellent ratings! I wouldn't have even known from perspective. fun to think I've been following this story with millions.

I'm still waiting on youtube. have been refreshing dear provider's youtube profile a frightening number of times. I just can't wait.

--post had to take an interlude because a freakishly large ant was about two inches from my arm and crawling swiftly and I needed to make squeaky noises and jump up.--

so I can't wait even though I've spoiled myself. really really need to watch it. bahhh.

sockdolager.

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Jul 17th, 2009 2:36am Post subject: Series 3!!!!
first of all did anyone else notice Peter's malapropism saying the hounds could "tear a wolf from limb to limb" ? that made me amused.

Gloria's proposal felt like bad fanfic. even with the preview I didn't think it would be real. now it's going to be all awkward. at least she was drunk.
(now I worry she didn't really like Mr. Snell-- that would make me sad! I thought they were great together.)
well, at least she did not conduct herself like Maggie in Peter's Friends. it's not the worst a character played by Stephen has...seen. X-D

I got spoiled on the identity issue and the diabetes via Twitter (none of you though.) I wish I hadn't known the diabetes, that would have been more interesting to find out as a surprise. I thought the question at the very end of the episode was silly. he's obviously Peter Kingdom if that has been his name and identity for as long as he could remember...unless something even more shifty than the mushrooms happened back in the mushrooms episode.

anyway. there you go. again, I just sound like a moaning person who obviously can't write her own story any better.
so take these as tokens of my love:

oh yeah, I should mention that Lyle's case was a good one. I was sure that the agrochemical plant would not be the source. environmental law is kind of a different thing for Kingdom & Kingdom but I like it.

sockdolager.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Jul 17th, 2009 5:04am Post subject: Series 3!!!!

Gloria's proposal felt like bad fanfic. even with the preview I didn't think it would be real. now it's going to be all awkward. at least she was drunk.
(now I worry she didn't really like Mr. Snell-- that would make me sad! I thought they were great together.)
well, at least she did not conduct herself like Maggie in Peter's Friends. it's not the worst a character played by Stephen has...seen. X-D
I had mixed feelings about that. I didn't think it was that well done/written, I am alright with her being "in love" with him, but wasn't real crazy about the way that scene was written. However, also having said that, and despite my apparent bad disposition, I am a HUGE softy when it comes to a love scene. I never cry at sad movies, don't understand people who do, but give me a movie that ends with two people in each others arms and I am a sobbing idiot. So when Gloria said "when you breathe I breathe" I almost lost it. :-//

I got spoiled on the identity issue and the diabetes via Twitter (none of you though.) I wish I hadn't known the diabetes, that would have been more interesting to find out as a surprise. I thought the question at the very end of the episode was silly. he's obviously Peter Kingdom if that has been his name and identity for as long as he could remember...
Now, back to the usual grumpy me, did anyone else want to knock Auriel on her keister when she indicated that she knew all along? Ha! I sure did. sorry emma.

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Jul 17th, 2009 5:54am Post subject: Series 3!!!!

I had mixed feelings about that. I didn't think it was that well done/written, I am alright with her being "in love" with him, but wasn't real crazy about the way that scene was written. However, also having said that, and despite my apparent bad disposition, I am a HUGE softy when it comes to a love scene. I never cry at sad movies, don't understand people who do, but give me a movie that ends with two people in each others arms and I am a sobbing idiot. So when Gloria said "when you breathe I breathe" I almost lost it. :-//

you're right, that breathing line was a *very* sweet confession. that seems like a genuine emotion expressed with sincerity. I guess I forgot about it, to be honest, because I got really distracted by her wanting to get married.
overall, the repeated cutting to her drinking was unwanted as well. I wanted to focus on Beatrice, who seemed to be earnestly happy.

I got spoiled on the identity issue and the diabetes via Twitter (none of you though.) I wish I hadn't known the diabetes, that would have been more interesting to find out as a surprise. I thought the question at the very end of the episode was silly. he's obviously Peter Kingdom if that has been his name and identity for as long as he could remember...
Now, back to the usual grumpy me, did anyone else want to knock Auriel on her keister when she indicated that she knew all along? Ha! I sure did. sorry emma.
I don't remember being angry, not that it isn't a legitimate response. I was just baffled why Peter was so upset. but you do have a good phone. actually you have a good point, not a good phone, I just saw a phone advertisement on TV. she definitely could have told him by now when he is obviously old enough he could have dealt with it without freaking out.

I wish I knew Kingdom & Kingdom was like back when their father was alive. I'm like imagining a huge history...like I want to buy DVDs from them even though, duh, it doesn't exist.

sockdolager.

Midsomerlover

Posted Fri Jul 17th, 2009 12:47pm Post subject: Series 3!!!!
Although I liked this series very much, there were a few flaws in it.

- Sidney Snell & Aunt Auriel dissappeared mostly into the background, probably to give other characters like Nigel and Emily a bit more screen time. A pity because I used to like it when Peter tried to hide from Snell or when he visits Auriel in the Old People's home.

- The stories are excellent, but they keep dropping storylines and picking up new ones troughout the series. For instance, we never heard anything about what exactly happened to Simon. Was he assasined? Did he drown? We don't know. And if he was killed, who killed him? The romance between Sidney and Gloria was also left in a poor state - what happened on that cruise?

And the new storylines seemed to come out of nowhere: suddenly Snell marries and we don't even know who the woman is. They introduce Petra's father and the next episode he's gone - it wouldn't be too much of an effort to explain all these things wouldn't it? Or am I expecting too much?

Don't get me wrong - I adore the series and think it's brilliant - but they need to get their scripts right and tye up loose ends before they explore other facilities.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.