Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

AdamTams

Posted Tue Jul 21st, 2009 12:59am Post subject: Series 4
Any news or rumors on a new series of Kingdom.

AdamTams

Posted Tue Jul 21st, 2009 1:02am Post subject: Series 4
The only thing I can find is from Wiki, so not the most reliable of sources.....

"As the broadcast of Series 3 came so late in the year, a fourth series has not been commissioned and will not be filmed in the summer of 2009. At the press conference for the new series, Stephen Fry explained that due to the slow-down in advertising revenue that ITV has been experiencing, a fourth series would not be commissioned until 2010, if at all."

Sad News....

Defector

Posted Tue Jul 21st, 2009 4:48pm Post subject: Series 4
Oh A**e!!!!

Surely they have to commission a new series - so many questions left unanswered.

Come on ITV!!!!! Get rid of some of the Saturday night dross instead.

Midsomerlover

Posted Wed Jul 22nd, 2009 12:22pm Post subject: Series 4
I have a feeling it will be commissioned, but indeed as Stephen said, in 2010 at the earliest. Kingdom did well so far for ITV and for the local tourism in Swaffham, I'm sure they'll bring it back next year. Watch this space.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Aurora

Posted Wed Aug 19th, 2009 2:41pm Post subject: Series 4

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!Who's Peter's father?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!! I didn't know the series was only 3 and ..and oh God I just finished to watch the last episode I'm breathless!!! aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!

...Die Gesamtkunstwerke ...

tricota

Posted Fri Sep 4th, 2009 3:47pm Post subject: Series 4

And now ITV has cancelled Demons on top of Primeval...

mechahomo

Posted Mon Sep 14th, 2009 8:19pm Post subject: Series 4

I love Kingdom. I really hope it comes back!

KevinSheehy

Posted Mon Sep 14th, 2009 11:56pm Post subject: Series 4

Love Kingdom. Live in the US, so had to watch it all over the Internet. Fabulous series. They need to find a way to broadcast it here in the states and get more viewers interested. I know it has a following on hulu.com.

mechahomo

Posted Tue Sep 15th, 2009 6:57pm Post subject: Series 4

Wow! I had no idea it was on Hulu. You wouldn't believe the trouble I had 'importing' them to the US originally.

This does not bode well for my productivity levels at work.

KevinSheehy

Posted Sat Sep 19th, 2009 8:30pm Post subject: Series 4

The first season is on hulu. The second and third are viewable on youtube. Each episode is broken down to 5 segments, but still very watchable.

Jackyblu

Posted Mon Oct 26th, 2009 11:55pm Post subject: Series 4

This Yank says: Bollocks! I need closure and want closure. Please oh please our dearest *'god' Mr. Fry give us a blog so that your follwers will know what has happened to the folks of Market Shipborough and who was Peter's father?!

Miss all the cast but especially Tony Slattery and Karl Davies. I laughed so much at their situations.

*In the US there is a site that proclaims "Stephen Fry is god". If you're old enought to recall when "Clapton Is (was) God" then you are in your fifties, bless you and you can see the humor.

I have never seen a purple cow...and thank God for that!

tommygardens

Posted Fri Nov 27th, 2009 7:21pm Post subject: Series 4

So does anyone know when the new series is coming?

Tommy

Midsomerlover

Posted Mon Nov 30th, 2009 10:54am Post subject: Series 4

Well - it isn't coming. It's cancelled unfortunately.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Kiltman

Posted Wed Jul 7th, 2010 12:31am Post subject: Series 4

Mr. Fry,

First off, you re hilerious in Jeeves and Wooster and now I like Kingdom even better. The question is, when is season 4 coming on, Cause I am going crazy and wanting to know who Peter's real father is and if he was even adopted. I am a filmmaker myself , so I apreciate great shows when I see one, I live here in Sunnyvale California USA. Now I'm probanly not the only one here asking about season 4. So when is it coming on tv?

Cheers,
Joe Rayborne
Director/Producer/Writer/Editor/DP/Host/Actor
raybornefilms@gmail.com
http://www.rayborneonsafari.blip.tv
http://www.joeraybornetv.com

Joe Rayborne

lininct

Posted Mon Jul 12th, 2010 12:30pm Post subject: Series 4

I've just had the pleasure of watching all three seasons on Hulu.com and I'm hooked. I stumbled across Kingdom by accident and with a mere click, I was captivated for ... hours ... many hours.

Can't BELIEVE there isn't going to be a Season 4!!!! I'm with some of the others on the unanswered questions out there! Argh!

My favorites were Seasons 1 and 2 -- more personal and not quite as gimmicky as Season 3, which was wonderful, too ... just not quite the same.

What a treat to watch and be completely captivated by not only the characters, but the scenery. The filming was truly, truly beautiful. And Mrs. Thing -- OMG, that was hysterical!

Steven, I love how you can communicate a thought or an emotion simply by using a raised eyebrow ... or a pause ... or a blink. Subtle and powerful, both. You are amazing.

I sooo wish they would reconsider and bring Kingdom back. I can't being to tell you how disappointed I was to learn there wouldn't be one ...

Take care and all the best to you.

Lin