Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mandibles

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 1:38am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
Just because I love my darlings, thought I'd pop this in...incase anyones interested...not that I think you would be..but y'know..whatever..just me rambling I suppose..

http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-tv-shows.php

QI Series G starts 8th May. Tickets now up.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

PamJH

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 4:07am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
I dearly wish I could see this show in person.

Katrina

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 7:59am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
Question: Are the two May dates the only ones for the whole series, or do you think they'll add more later... because I may or may not be studying abroad this summer, and it sounds like an awesome thing to do.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 9:18am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
Thanks Mandibles! I've signed up for Argumental too as my other half loves that. I don't suppose I'll get tickets but it's nice to throw my hat in the ring as it were.

That would be me.

Mandibles

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 11:21am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
Question: Are the two May dates the only ones for the whole series, or do you think they'll add more later... because I may or may not be studying abroad this summer, and it sounds like an awesome thing to do.

Fear not. These are only the first two recordings out of sixteen. The series will run from the 8th May - 12th June. Normally it will be three recordings per week, filming on a Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. Applause Store put the dates up as we get ever closer to them.

Hope that helped. x

Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 1:10pm Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
I am glad that Boiler12 asked that question, because I was wondering as well. How wonderful would it be if this board were represented at some of the tapings? You would, of course, be expected to tweet us during the show. X-D

~Rachel~

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 2:05pm Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
Yeah, there will be more dates added as time goes on!

Hoping to get to at least one recording this time! Applied for tickets, just have to wait now!

PamJH

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 2:28pm Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
I am glad that Boiler12 asked that question, because I was wondering as well. How wonderful would it be if this board were represented at some of the tapings? You would, of course, be expected to tweet us during the show. X-D

I'd love to see a photo of any fluffettes who attend the tapings. Tweets are fun, too, even though I don't tweet.

Mandibles

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 9:36pm Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
I am glad that Boiler12 asked that question, because I was wondering as well. How wonderful would it be if this board were represented at some of the tapings? You would, of course, be expected to tweet us during the show.

Without wanting to burst any gorgeously pink and squiffy bubbles, I'm afraid the the recordings are strictly MOBILES OFF. Three main reasons, Signals from calls/texts can interfere with the equipment especially the radio mics between the floormanagers headset that links to the studio gallery next door. Secondly, If a mobile ringtone goes off then that part of the show can't be used or has to be done as a pick up at the end of the night. The final reason being that a lot of the shows contain "spoilers" and I've seen a lot of people taking pictures from their seats.

People do tend to write episode reviews on the QI-blog, I've wrote quite a few myself. I'll be attending quite a few recordings this year with any luck.

*5 minute debate later*

ClareBear

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 9:44pm Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
The last week of taping is the week i've got off work So i'll be down then.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 26th, 2009 9:45pm Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was only kidding (thus the laughing smiley), I didn't really think they would allow you to have cell phones on during the taping of the show. Didn't mean to come off sounding like such a fool.

Mandibles

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 3:08am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
Oh, crap. I'm rather bad at judging how a smiley is meant to be taken.
*Sigh* If only there was a way to make tone-via-text..all our problems would be solved.

Sorry dearest x

*5 minute debate later*

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 3:14am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
I took a picture of the set after the show.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

gjhsu

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 4:40am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
I've tried to get tix for last two years but no luck Poo.

Katrina

Posted Fri Feb 27th, 2009 8:31am Post subject: Series G Tickets - Now Up!
GODDAMNIT! I arrive in London on June 14th! WHYYYYYYYYYY? :'(

You know what, though... it's almost worth getting an earlier flight and being homeless for two days! X-D

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...