Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

nathanbennett

Posted Wed Mar 25th, 2009 12:18am Post subject: "shamocrat" - (start voting)a person who pretends
lots of stuff they don't have.

I read about the phrase in a daily "tear the page" calendar.

So who are the "shamocrats" you know? Stephen, is you're reading, I'd love you're opinion on the word, history etc.

My first post, so look forward to replies,

Nath.
xx

exoskeleton

Posted Wed Mar 25th, 2009 3:37am Post subject: "shamocrat" - (start voting)a person who pretends
welcome! I'm new as well!

that's an interesting word. a way to narrow down just plain lying.

I knew a boy once who constantly told outrageous lies to that effect. he was always building up his story/ it was all about trying to seem impressive in conversation, rather than lying about his whereabouts or motivations or anything like that.

it was extremely easy to catch him lying, because he didn't put much effort into keeping his word air-tight. his main method was vociferously denying any accusations of hyperbole. if you didn't believe him, you were clearly missing some point.
I have no idea what he's doing now...I hope something decent.

sockdolager.

Nitro

Posted Sat Mar 28th, 2009 5:16pm Post subject: "shamocrat" - (start voting)a person who pretends
welcome! I'm new as well!

that's an interesting word. a way to narrow down just plain lying.

I knew a boy once who constantly told outrageous lies to that effect. he was always building up his story/ it was all about trying to seem impressive in conversation, rather than lying about his whereabouts or motivations or anything like that.

it was extremely easy to catch him lying, because he didn't put much effort into keeping his word air-tight. his main method was vociferously denying any accusations of hyperbole. if you didn't believe him, you were clearly missing some point.
I have no idea what he's doing now...I hope something decent.

Hello to you both.

Exo, maybe the boy is having a nice career as a politician? X-D

Really? Wow.