Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Nov 3rd, 2007 5:25pm Post subject: shopping
My preferred outfit is jeans or khaki pants and a button down shirt, not tucked in.

Have you been raiding my closet?

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Sat Nov 3rd, 2007 9:28pm Post subject: shopping
My preferred outfit is jeans or khaki pants and a button down shirt, not tucked in.

Have you been raiding my closet?

Raiding a closet wouldn't afford that deep satisfaction that comes from retail transactions!

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Sat Nov 3rd, 2007 9:40pm Post subject: shopping
While we're on the subject of shopping, here's a word about wedding dresses for the single women on here who might decide to get married:

Shopping for a wedding dress was the absolute worst shopping experience I've had. It was pure hell. If you or someone in your family can sew, I would recommend making your own dress. Or don't have a wedding (I would have preferred not to have a wedding, but I knew eloping would disappoint certain people).

Anyway, it took me forever to find a dress that I liked. Salespeople were cutesy and pushy. Almost all the dresses were overpriced and gaudy. Many people tried to push me into buying dresses that didn't look good on me. Strapless dresses were the worst. I think few people look good in them, yet they're all the rage for weddings. One saleswoman brought me extremely ugly dresses--the opposite of the simple style I told her I wanted. Finally, after trying on a particularly hideous one, I lost my patience and said, "This is tacky; I don't want this." She was offended and stopped helping me.

End of rant.

shatzi

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2007 12:35am Post subject: shopping
I've heard about being a bridesmaid and the horror of bridesmaid dresses. I have never been in a wedding so I don't know. If I ever wear a wedding gown I want a tiara. Cheesy I know but I want a tiara!
I like shopping for the most part, but I usually want something very specific, I have things in mind that I want, not necessarily what is "in style." I get angry if I can't find it. I've always liked boots, but I can't walk in 4 inch heels and that's what seems to be big here. I don't want to break my neck. I also wish they would make more trousers/jeans in petites. Everytime I buy a pair I have to hem them.
These Topamax pills have made me lose two sizes over the summer so I have clothes that still have tags on them that I cannot wear and now I have no choice but to shop.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2007 1:33am Post subject: shopping
I've heard about being a bridesmaid and the horror of bridesmaid dresses. I have never been in a wedding so I don't know.

Oh god, if you ever are invited to be part of the wedding party RUN AWAY.

My friends joke I will marry in jeans and a hoodie. If I decide to go formal I'll bedazzle

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2007 2:01am Post subject: shopping
i'll go nekkid.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2007 3:09am Post subject: shopping
i'll go nekkid.

How very betazed of you

ClareBear

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2007 1:35pm Post subject: shopping
Everyone should stock 36" + inseam stuff as standard.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2007 5:03pm Post subject: shopping
Clothes shopping sucks!! I hate it, my friends drag me along and i just end up leaving with nothing. I prefer really loose fitting clothes that are seen as 'male' clothes, i'm happiest in a baggy t-shirt and jeans.

I only ever go the one hairdresser and i've been going to her since i was about 4 She knows my hair pretty well and i trust her judgement, i still only go about one a year though.

I love shopping for electrical goods and i like to go hunting for all the little weird crap that fills my room, rubber ducks mainly

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2007 7:21pm Post subject: shopping
Everyone should stock 36" + inseam stuff as standard.

I concur

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

shatzi

Posted Wed Nov 7th, 2007 12:17am Post subject: shopping
Egads, hair salons, worse than shopping for me. I go maybe once a year. My hair grows so slowly, I always just want a trim. So they take off several inches every time, maybe 3 months worth of growth.
I am STILL kicking myself over last November's perm. Once again, I convinced myself that a loose wave would be easier to deal with that styling it. And of course I walked out looking like a deranged, electrocuted poodle. I had to have much of THAT cut off this year. I told them I wanted loose waves, I told them my hair takes to chemicals easy, but noooooo...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 10:14pm Post subject: shopping
I could rant about how much I hate shopping forever and a day.

i hate it too.
i have moaned about this enough on this forum,
that i love menswear and it never comes in my size... unless you go to a more expensive shop.

i have gone from being a tomboy to totally binding down my breasts and only wearing guys clothes, slowly... i can afford to only buy a new item or two a month...

i can never find small used mens' clothes, and so i go to sales at (gasp) the gap... and hope for the best. it's awkward sometimes... i know it's hard to explain without sounding paranoid, but i really cannot go clothes shopping without being stared at. either guys want to know what i'm doing in their clothes or girls want to know why i am in their dressing room. i can be tough for awhile and say "this is who i am i don't care what anyone else thinks" but sometimes, no matter how strong i feel, it's no fun to be stared at. especially when people get really curious and i realize they are staring at my crotch.

I have a lot of trouble getting clothes I like as well. I prefer men's clothing but getting stuff that fits me can be a pain. Especially the footwear. Gawd last pair of boots I bought were from the boy's section! I'm sick to death of finding awesome boots, running to a member of staff with them only to be told "Sorry this style starts at size 7" - two sizes too big! :'( I never wear dresses, skirts, strappy tops, low cut tops, shoes with heels, make-up or perfume. I prefer to wear things like combat trousers, boots (especially Doc Martens), shirts and baggy t-shirts. When I was a child I used to always wear dungarees as much as possible. I used to stuff the pockets with so much crap like stones, twigs, marshmallows (for some weird reason) and weirder still a pair of scissors (for some reason I've always been oddly posessive with my scissors and don't like them being touched by anyone. Seriously they're by my keyboard right now, that's their current special place, previously they were hidden on top of some dvds on one of my shelves).

Assuming direct control...

whatonearth

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 10:51pm Post subject: shopping
I bought a coat today because I left my other one on holiday, silly me, H&M had a limited half price sale (well it could last weeks but they didn't know for sure), so I bought one that was pretty much a cheaper-looking replica of my old one, hardly any of them had long enough arms. It cost £35 in the end and while it's OK I spent about 20 minutes umming and ahhing over whether to get it, and then when i tried it on again later i realised it's really itchy fail!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 11:38pm Post subject: shopping
marshmallows, amyl?? X-D

but never in the same pocket as the scissors, right? what a mess!

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Nov 9th, 2007 1:15am Post subject: shopping
Are these magic scissors?

Walt Whitman