Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

LilyG

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 12:20pm Post subject: Short monologue inspired by group story in other thread.
With the vision of a hundred years before me, I might have mounted the peak of Everest in all its glory, bathed in the sapphire crystal of the Bermuda waves, savoured the dark chocolate of a Belgium waffle, served on a train to Prague in the middle of winter.

I could have been somebody’s lover, somebody’s heartbreak. I might have planned a murder, been a mother, lost a child, freed a slave, sat upon the knee of a handsome prince and been offered all the tea in the Himalayan’s, only to say- 'I’m sorry, your breath is outrageously bad, I think I’ll go and be a pop star now.'

Life is cruel and you can’t have everything you want. Everyone always tells you to accept reality. Money makes the world go round; we all want to drive a Porsche; a peanut can kill you in forty-five seconds. But what if that was a lie? What if the whole world could be flipped on its head, and we could survive without cars, without iPods, without camera phones, without having to keep buying stuff upon stuff upon stuff, without having to keep destroying everything?

What if all you had to do, to find out everything was bullshit, was to simply laugh at it all, not take all this shit so seriously?
What if all you had to do was just…stop..?
What if all you had to do was eat one…just one, peanut?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 10:47am Post subject: Short monologue inspired by group story in other thread.
Brilliant - just eat that one peanut that we might choke on, but might not.

C

LilyG

Posted Sun Feb 17th, 2008 8:17am Post subject: Short monologue inspired by group story in other thread.
exactly