Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Willow-Jane

Posted Fri Jan 14th, 2011 6:19pm Post subject: Shout to feel better

joan said:
I might not need a snorkel, but with the degree of humidity here I think I'm going to have to grow gills.

And to Joan I hope your ok. I must say I didn't realise such a flood was occurring, I don't very often watch/read the news. I hope that you are still faring without your tablets, I know how important they are due to my mum taking them.
I don't know what I would have done in a situation like that, it seems so scary. I hope everything rights itself soon and that all of your family are ok.

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Jan 15th, 2011 10:52am Post subject: Shout to feel better

Hey Joan, very pleased to hear that you are safe!

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Jan 15th, 2011 10:53am Post subject: Shout to feel better

Sick to F****!£ death of my insomnia. Every night I virtually pass out with exhaustion, wake up 2-3 hours later still knackered but unable to sleep. Really running out of ideas

That would be me.

joan

Posted Sat Jan 15th, 2011 1:09pm Post subject: Shout to feel better

gadgetgirl said:
Hey Joan, very pleased to hear that you are safe!

Yes - all is OK and I even found a spare pack of my BP tablets. We are back to normal now but many people, including folks in Goodna, a nearby suburb where we lived until 1994, are now clearing up the mud and debris. Goodna is where a bull shark was seen swimming up the main street. Surreal!

Pimpelaar

Posted Sat Jan 15th, 2011 4:06pm Post subject: Shout to feel better

AAAH! I really need the sun. NOW!! It's grey and cold over here in The Hague and I need some more dopamine and such!

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Jan 15th, 2011 7:34pm Post subject: Shout to feel better

I'm with you on that, Pimpelaar, it's the same here. In fact, I could do without January entirely

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

mvet88

Posted Sun Jan 16th, 2011 8:30am Post subject: Shout to feel better

Seen any loose crocs Joan?
Tobias and Pimpelaar, I sympathise But having 90% humidity is just as bad

joan

Posted Sun Jan 16th, 2011 11:52pm Post subject: Shout to feel better

mvet88 said:
Seen any loose crocs Joan?
Tobias and Pimpelaar, I sympathise But having 90% humidity is just as bad

Not yet, but give it time

mvet88

Posted Mon Jan 17th, 2011 7:29am Post subject: Shout to feel better

Sorry to keep harping back to the Qld floods but I just came across and article with the following statement:

The Brisbane River flooding would have been largely avoided if dam operators had raised their releases of water on the weekend before last Monday's deluge, an engineer says.
Engineer Michael O'Brien told The Australian the river flood and the devastation of thousands of homes was inevitable after a decision to release relatively low volumes of water from the Wivenhoe Dam on Friday, January 7, and over the ensuing weekend.

Ok, I know I'm nowhere near the floods but it really irritates me when someone starts playing the 'blame game' for what is a natural phenomenon. Frankly I find it hard to believe that the floods could have been avoided if only they had let more water out the dams. All great in hindsight to say these things but I wonder whether this person would have done anything different if he was in charge??

joan

Posted Mon Jan 17th, 2011 11:45am Post subject: Shout to feel better

The thing is, they built the huge Wivenhoe dam after the 1974 floods, and this was supposed to prevent any more flooding. They also improved drainage. I'm pretty sure it made it less devastating than it might have been, but it also created a false sense of security. Wivenhoe was approaching 200% at the peak.

In a way we had a perfect storm - king tides, and months of rain filling the dams and saturating the ground.

At a nearby suburb to me, Bundamba, the creek had been much improved - dug deeper, concreted etc, and it certainly was able to hold a lot more water before it flooded this time. But it did flood because of the huge volume of water.

Anyway, an independent judicial enquiry is starting, with instructions to report 12 months time. I guess we'll get answers then. I particularly want to know why the people of Toowoomba and Grafton couldn not have been warned in time.

Nitro

Posted Wed Jan 19th, 2011 4:40am Post subject: Shout to feel better

a low pressure system has moved in...grey skies, wet weather...the temps are actually higher but it's got that 'cold to the bone' chill to it...and this system is murdering me with a rotten sinus headache i cannot get rid of! argh! hard to sit in front of computer without feeling like i'm going to vomit...

damn barometer

Really? Wow.

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Apr 4th, 2011 3:01pm Post subject: Shout to feel better

FSCKING AR$@@E@E etc. Someone suggested they might offer me a job and has now got the hump because I said no I was doing something else. But "we had a verbal agreement". No we S)))))ING didn't!

That would be me.

Nitro

Posted Thu Apr 7th, 2011 3:52am Post subject: Shout to feel better

Where's the blog post in Katy's honor? One on the home page penned by 'the man' himself. Well? Didn't Katy earn at least that in all the years she worked her ass off for this site?!!!

Really? Wow.

Mystic River

Posted Tue Jun 28th, 2011 6:19pm Post subject: Shout to feel better

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! too much to do and not enough time to do it in!!!!
I need a plan and I don't think I am gonna make it in time for......
THE STAFF MEETING ON THE 11th!!! STUDENT GRADES / END OF YEAR TEST MARKING/ .....FINDING A DAMN JOB FOR NEXT SEMESTER WILL HAVE TO WAIT (Supply teachers are abused and exploited) Boo hoo oh well here goes....
Oh. Now I am in trouble because I got the times mixed up and didn't attend the first aid course. Well German is not my mother tongue and I misunderstood "5. Stunde" for "5 o'clock" when a colleague reminded me. Now I am completely finished and fed up. Don't want to go into work tomorrow. The only two really big mistakes I have made all year have been in the last 2 days - so I guessed they are all pissed off with me.

There is always love.

Mystic River

Posted Tue Jun 28th, 2011 8:53pm Post subject: Shout to feel better

Oh, never mind....bugger it, in fact.

There is always love.