Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

dumbledore

Posted Fri Mar 30th, 2007 10:38pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
Has anyone else heard about Pamela Stephenson's interview with Stephen Fry on her new series on More4 called "Shrink Rap"??

Aoibheann

Posted Fri Mar 30th, 2007 10:42pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
yeah, saw her on Richard and Judy the other day talking about it, they showed a clip with stephen in it. looks great, i think Sharon Osbourne is first up.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 30th, 2007 11:01pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
The clip I (illegally downloaded) saw had our Sparkle Bunny bemoaning his physical appearance. Of course he's free to think whatever he wants. But he's wrong

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Mar 30th, 2007 11:03pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
The clip I (illegally downloaded) saw had our Sparkle Bunny bemoaning his physical appearance. Of course he's free to think whatever he wants. But he's wrong

He's so silly, our Sparkle Bunny.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 12:53am Post subject: Shrink Rap
That's why we LUUUUUUUURVE him.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 2:56am Post subject: Shrink Rap
Did he bitch about his weight or the overall package?

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 4:15am Post subject: Shrink Rap
I believe the phrase was something like: "An unappealing lump of human flesh."

He's always, always been vindictive towards his appearance. He's called himself a "bin liner full of yogurt", verbally scourged himself for his chinS, and of course his nose. In Fat Chance, Simon Gray's account of what happened during the whole "Cell Mates" fiasco, Stephen said that he hated his body and wished he was just a brain.

It's really disturbing to hear him go on and on about it.

Stephen, I think you're beautiful so shut the fuck up, will ya?

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 4:36am Post subject: Shrink Rap
I think he's pretty awesome-looking. Pretty boys are kind of boring. But when you're this massive bent-nosed towering floppy-haired dude with an owlish squint, you're, like, one in a hundred million.

And as always, I know it's an unpopular view, but losing weight is not an impossible task. Difficult it may be, but if he *really* hated his figure, he could improve it. And he really should, for health reasons if not aesthetic ones.

(Remember what happened to Douglas Adams, Stephen? Huh? Do *you* want to keel over like he did?!? No??! THEN GET ON A GODDAMN TREADMILL - NOW!!!)

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 4:42am Post subject: Shrink Rap
I'd love to do squat thrusts with him.

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Mar 31st, 2007 4:52am Post subject: Shrink Rap
I'd love to do squat thrusts with him.

**gags Fryphile with a towel**

You'll get ungagged when Stephen comes over to mop himself with it after a workout.

ClareBear

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:33pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
Thread split, for the bitchfest, see "The Great Weight Debate" in General Musings.

Lets keep this on topic.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:34pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
When is his show on? Or has it already been on?

Assuming direct control...

ClareBear

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:35pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
Stephen's episode hasn't been broadcast yet.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:45pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
I believe the phrase was something like: "An unappealing lump of human flesh."

It's really disturbing to hear him go on and on about it.

Isn´t it a bit sad that, obviously, even those very close to him cannot make him feel better about himself?... so do you think, we can? Let´s face it, we Frymasons are just "lookers-on" and we are looking on from a fair distance...

But perhaps Mr Fry should try to take the odd break from being ON that treadmill (not the one you are talking about AxmxZ) called work. Did not amyl_nitratre raise the question "Does he ever sleep?" in some other thread, referring to an article listing all his current projects? It is difficult enough to get into the habit of doing regular exercise for someone with a 9-5 job, how difficult must it be for someone being in such demand as Mr Fry apparently is. And trodding on a treadmill like some hamster must be awfully boring, it would be far more rewarding to find something enjoyable, like going for walks or cycling (which is gentle on the joints, unlike jogging on tarmac). Something to fortify the heart and tone the muscles gradually...

And then there is the wining and dining that comes with the job, I suspect. Girls in the business may get away with ordering some salad and mineral water, but a man "the size of a bear?" Unthinkable!

Journalists would swoop down like vultures on a dieting Stephen. Paparazzi would be in hot pursuit of an exercising Stephen. I am glad not to be in his shoes...

All we can hope for is that one day Mr Fry will love himself as much as Frymasons think he deserves to be loved...

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:59pm Post subject: Shrink Rap
That's why I'll never understand why some people genuinely want to be famous. Don't they understand the horrible strain it puts on a person? (Haven't they watched Roman Holiday? :))