Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

EstherLayton

Posted Sun Feb 17th, 2008 11:23pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Why could there not be a happy ending?!

I was touched so deeply at Snell's distress, hurt and disappointment.
Gloria had a lot of explaining to do - and that was never addressed.

How could she do that to him??

Please, let's hope and pray for a third series - and a tightly-plotted conclusion (unlike the one tonight).

Stephen was amzing in tonight's episode though - heartrending. However:

Why did Simon die?
How did he die?
Was he drowned? Was he murdered? Or did he kill himself?
What did Beatrice know that Peter didn't?
Who is Petra's father?
What happened to Millie?

Peter's personal agnonies made tears come to the eyes of everybody in my house.

Brilliant.

moochy

Posted Sun Feb 17th, 2008 11:57pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Those are all the questions going thru my head right now.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 2:00am Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Gloria might well have done nothing, Snell isn't exactly reliable as a narrator of events! Simon...*SNIFF* I keep hoping it wasn't him, but poor Peter was so distraught. Perhaps it was the body of the killer? It appeared to be wearing all black (Simon was in light colours when he left) - perhaps Simon has come to killing?

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 5:46pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
I am having tears in my eyes already... and I did not even see the last episode - I hate to see distressed Stephen, always reminds me of WDYTYA? That was soo harrowing, and not fiction :'( :'( :'(

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 5:57pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
I am having tears in my eyes already... and I did not even see the last episode - I hate to see distressed Stephen, always reminds me of WDYTYA? That was soo harrowing, and not fiction :'( :'( :'(

Your scary long acronym has confused me!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 6:01pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
sorry c_r :-//
WDYTYA stands for Who Do You Think You Are?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 6:30pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
sorry c_r :-//
WDYTYA stands for Who Do You Think You Are?

Ooooh. Ok, I'm with you now!

bogandken

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 7:22pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
I am presuming Simon was murdered by contract and that's all there is to that...He was killed due to getting on the wrong side of criminals, gambling etc. He ran up debts and in the first series we were told that his supposed suicide:
" stopped us all from killing him" or words to that effect ( said by "big fat hairy criminal dickhead") as Beatrice called him.
Lyle has become a junior partner so that is wrapped up.
HOWEVER...
The pointed question of who Petra's Father is confusing...surely it is the artist but too much was made of it ...
At what point did Beatrice find out about the money? How did Simon find it?When they were locked in the cupboard and Simon pulled out the key to the safe and said " it's an adventure" Beatrice smiled then retracted...did she know about the money at this point?
Gloria and Snell ....this is too clumsy an ending, well for my liking anyway.
and indeed...what happened to Millie?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 7:27pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*

The pointed question of who Petra's Father is confusing...surely it is the artist but too much was made of it ...

I've a horrible, sinking feeling that it's Lyle.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 7:30pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*

I've a horrible, sinking feeling that it's Lyle.

ME TOO!

bogandken

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 7:32pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Ohhh now that would be cool!!!! Never thought of that!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 7:42pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Ohhh now that would be cool!!!! Never thought of that!

Cool in a horrible, awful, heinous car-wreck sort of way.

Maureen

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 7:50pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Why could there not be a happy ending?!
Why did Simon die?
How did he die?
Was he drowned? Was he murdered? Or did he kill himself?
What did Beatrice know that Peter didn't?
Who is Petra's father?
What happened to Millie?

Brilliant.

The very fact that there are so many loose ends must mean there will be a third series - this is classic 'cliffhanger' ending stuff - leaving so many questions which the viewer will want answered, so they tune in to the next series.

My question is not so much 'why did Simon die? but 'was it Simon's body Peter found?' He said 'Oh Simon' but that could mean either that it was Simon, or (as I suspect) that Peter realised Simon had killed whoever it was...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 9:55pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Somehow, someway, I'm sure House is the father.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 10:11pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Somehow, someway, I'm sure House is the father.

That would be AWESOME. House, in a Vicodin induced stupor, impregnates Beatrice resulting in an international, cross-network slap down!