Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

EstherLayton

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 10:40pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Here is a mad idea that one of my friends read about somewhere:-

Apparently, according to this ITV description, Peter and Simon were step brothers to Beatrice, not blood brothers.

Therefore, it is rumoured, SIMON is the baby's father.

Now I have a problem with this. I thought it was made clear in Series 1 that Beatrice and Simon have the same parents and Peter was their half-brother.

It is an interesting theory - any takers? All I am reporting on is what my friend read.

Hmmm...!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 18th, 2008 10:59pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Here is a mad idea that one of my friends read about somewhere:-

Apparently, according to this ITV description, Peter and Simon were step brothers to Beatrice, not blood brothers.

Therefore, it is rumoured, SIMON is the baby's father.

Now I have a problem with this. I thought it was made clear in Series 1 that Beatrice and Simon have the same parents and Peter was their half-brother.

It is an interesting theory - any takers? All I am reporting on is what my friend read.

Hmmm...!

No, Peter is the half brother to both Simon and Beatrice. Not that that keeps Simon from being the father.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 19th, 2008 10:30am Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
I do hope for a third series. There's so much to work on for the next series and I hate how they handled the Snell/Gloria thing. It was just so sudden and rushed. Snell comes in and briefly says something and Peter moves onto the next thing. What was up with Peter suddenly bringing all the elderly folk into his place? It can't be big enough surely and it seemed like a mad idea. A symptom of Poor Peter Syndrome? Because he's been feeling left out with Simon being so involved in helping Beatrice and baby Petra? How cute was Petra? Aww.

Assuming direct control...

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 3:51am Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Peter seemed very distracted throughout the entire episode, and I'm inclined to agree with whoever said that the father of Beatrice's baby is Lyle, mainly because Simon said that Peter would flip out if he knew. It can't be Simon's baby, unless the show is going to take a particularly cringe worthy plot twist, because I get the impression that Simon and Beatrice are full brother and sister.
Poor Peter, though!!! The end was so very sad, and I'm relatively sure that it's Simon's body that Peter found.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 7:13pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
And if it is Lyle how out of nowhere would that be? I never got an impression of any kind of relationship or interest between them. Just nothing.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 7:37pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
And if it is Lyle how out of nowhere would that be? I never got an impression of any kind of relationship or interest between them. Just nothing.

I've been rewatching series one to try and better understand Beatrice/Simon/Peter, and when Beatrice first shows up, she does flirt a little with Lyle. True, she flirted with everybody. She did sleep with one of the painters and that artist who Peter pummelled, and her doctor. That's as far as my list has got - through episode three.

There aren't that many prime male suspects:

1. Simon
2. Lyle
3. Snell
4. Ted
5. That big dickhead hitman? Ewww.

What's really frustrating is that I don't understand why there needs to be a mystery here. Except for ratings, of course. It seemed to be I'm pregnant, I'm off, I'm back, here's the kid, guess the daddy. The Kingdoms are weird.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Midsomerlover

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 8:37pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
No news on the commissioning of the Third Series though... I wonder if Stephen knows more because he mentions it in his podgram.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Feb 21st, 2008 9:08pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
I've heard rumours that the third series has already been written and they were supposed to be filming a christmas special in May. No idea if it's true though.

JSKanga84

Posted Mon Feb 25th, 2008 2:21am Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
So, to begin the baby's daddy discussion again:
I was re-watching the last episode of season 1, and it occurred to me that the father might be Ted, or one of those guys from the speed dating session, or one of the college guys who helped Bea and Gloria with the car...
Yes, I have other, more productive things to be doing with my time. This is more fun.

bogandken

Posted Mon Feb 25th, 2008 6:48am Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Ahhh but the thing is, it will have to be somebody we know or who is pivotal to the series. Simon used his knowledge of who the Father was in an extreme moment. Simon was scared and angry. It was almost a slip in my opinion but aimed to be hurtful...Bea confided in him not Peter...why? Because Bea might not want to lose Peter's respect? It has to be somebody we know.

Bianca_Icaras

Posted Mon Feb 25th, 2008 4:04pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Well, it can't be Lyle.
Because Bea says that the father doesn't know that Petra exist!

Although, there is that wink when she walks in with Petra...

Stephen, just give us a clou!

bogandken

Posted Sun Mar 2nd, 2008 5:40pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
Just had another thought....In the first series episode 3, Bea says to Peter....
" You got all the brains in the family......Simon and I got everything else" Now this could have been a comic reference to looks but could it have meant the money? Maybe Peter got the practice and Simon and Bea got the money. That would tie into Simon saying to Peter in the last episode...ask Bea about the money.

pmgriff

Posted Mon Mar 10th, 2008 7:13pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
I hope it is Simon that Peter finds, and that he is dead, properly this time! The Simon story line has been boring and superficial. Will be better third series without him.

Willdew

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 8:21pm Post subject: Sidney, Gloria, Beatrice, Simon, Millie...? *spoilers*
I hope it is Simon that Peter finds, and that he is dead, properly this time! The Simon story line has been boring and superficial. Will be better third series without him.

I utterly disagree. I feel that the Simon subplot gave the entire series a dark sort of humour which let the audience see more of Peter's character than we might have otherwise.