Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

captainslow

Posted Tue Nov 17th, 2009 4:54pm Post subject: Small things that might help someone (iPhone owners only)

I have plugged some software before (and others before me) for the Mac, which is the Optimism application to monitor moods and triggers. Am still a fervent user and my psy loves it since we can discuss detailed progression diagrams. That aside I like to share another software piece that I find very nice to use. Since there is no single magic bullet and we have all sorts of wonderful ppl here on the forum it might easily be not your cup of tea. With all the disclaimers out of the way:

I found a little app for the iPhone called "pzizz relax". Its purpose is to let you have a sort of powernap to regain energy and get some peace of mind. There are many such apps (Mindfulness is a nice no.2) but this one works really well for me. A soothing voice coaches you to relax, but there are some nice sounds/effects that enhance the voice impact and really ties it together. Recently I was suddenly extremely tired (something I attribute to my meds) so I did 3 x 10 minutes rounds. It really helps me to wind down.

With a price tag of 2.39 euro's I think it was money very well spent.

This is a user recommendation, I have no ties to its makers whatsoever!

Hope someone might find this useful

Capt Slow

PS: http://www.findingoptimism.com/ will soon release a mobile version as well

/end of plug

“Depression is the inability to construct a future”