Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 11:48am Post subject: Snake's death

What the heck is a mermaid's purse?

A mermaid's purse is a shark's egg. They're always dried up when I find them but I put them back in the water anyway.

Assuming direct control...

diane tigue

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 1:12pm Post subject: Snake's death
re: the ocean - try living in Kansas, remember Dorothy tried to get out , but having received a corrective shot to the head from a tornado, she decided it was just peachy. terrible. Kansas was populated by people whose oxen died at that point in their covered wagon journey to California.[

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 5:15pm Post subject: Snake's death
re: the ocean - try living in Kansas, remember Dorothy tried to get out , but having received a corrective shot to the head from a tornado, she decided it was just peachy. terrible. Kansas was populated by people whose oxen died at that point in their covered wagon journey to California.[

correction: much of east kansas was populated by northerners from massachusettes and other places who wanted to try and get enough abolitionist-supporting folks into the state as possible, to try and get another "free state" during civil war time. it was also populated by union soldiers who recieved land parcels after the war. and by john naismith. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!! BRING THE HEAT, WAVE THE WHEAT!!!!!!

p.s. i'll take a corrective shot from a tornado over one from an earthquake any day. but that's subjective.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 5:21pm Post subject: Snake's death
very true, j9r!! "lots of place for what ever your tastes"
after driving here to okla from seattle, i saw some more places i never even knew existed! i love that.

btw, we had quite a bit of driving where you had to check the gas gauge to make sure there was a town before you ran out of gas. does anyone do that in england?

amyl, i'd love to go to the seasides of the UK. somedaaaaaaayyyyyyy....

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 5:25pm Post subject: Snake's death
very true, j9r!! "lots of place for what ever your tastes"
after driving here to okla from seattle, i saw some more places i never even knew existed! i love that.

btw, we had quite a bit of driving where you had to check the gas gauge to make sure there was a town before you ran out of gas. does anyone do that in england?

No I don't think anyone in England does that. Even in places like Scotland you're not going to go too far away from places with petrol stations.

amyl, i'd love to go to the seasides of the UK. somedaaaaaaayyyyyyy....

I hope you do get to come one day. You can get some fish and chips too when you're here. Just don't let the seagulls steal any! Some are bold enough to snatch them out of your mouth!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 5:29pm Post subject: Snake's death
LOL!!! they did that in seattle too.

i love fish and chips.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 5:41pm Post subject: Snake's death
Me too. I love squeezing lemon juice onto fish. *slurp* I had some yesterday for my dinner from a local chip shop so yummy. I love fish fingers too, do you get those in America? They're like fishy oblongs covered in breadcrumbs.

You know I've always wanted to visit America and drive out on the open road where there's nothing and noone for miles.

Zefla

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 6:24pm Post subject: Snake's death
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000NW5J88/.....amp;sr=8-1

You can always get it here instead. slightly cheaper than the PBS version and more exciting too. Although shocking expensive compared to prices in England. I got mine for £25 in a sale.

diane tigue

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 7:56pm Post subject: Snake's death
thanks for the seriously stated correction on the rectitude of "eastern" kansans. Nice to see a sooner jumping in to defend the jayhawks. I was a shocker in the print department of wichita State for 10 years. I'll be silent as to my observations.

I think that rays have similar egg sacs. The kansas PBS did not carry black adder.

j9r

Posted Thu Apr 3rd, 2008 11:08pm Post subject: Snake's death

p.s. i'll take a corrective shot from a tornado over one from an earthquake any day. but that's subjective.

Earthquake over tornado any day........Earthquakes don't kill you, buildings do. Tornado's will kill you whether you are in a building or not......

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 4:11pm Post subject: Snake's death

Earthquake over tornado any day........Earthquakes don't kill you, buildings do. Tornado's will kill you whether you are in a building or not......

?? nah. if they killed people every time, a lot of folks i know would be dead.

i've been in an earthquake and i don't know how you guys run while that's going on. it made me dizzy. plus, no one ever tells me how to take cover. they just go "uhhhhh..."

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 4:17pm Post subject: Snake's death
thanks for the seriously stated correction on the rectitude of "eastern" kansans. Nice to see a sooner jumping in to defend the jayhawks. I was a shocker in the print department of wichita State for 10 years. I'll be silent as to my observations.

I think that rays have similar egg sacs. The kansas PBS did not carry black adder.

ah, i'm sorry...i didn't mean it to sound so serious!

i jump to the defense of any area or person...but for some reason in this thread i was laughing at my own straightman posts about kansas and minke whales. don't know why. seemed funny at the time. my excuse is always "too much diet dr pepper"

what the heck is a shocker? (scuse my stupidness.)

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 4:52pm Post subject: Snake's death
I'll be silent as to my observations.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 5:00pm Post subject: Snake's death
lml lml

HOOKEM!

see, i'm all about everybody.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Apr 4th, 2008 5:12pm Post subject: Snake's death
lml lml

HOOKEM!

see, i'm all about everybody.

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman