Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

EstherLayton

Posted Mon Jan 28th, 2008 12:00pm Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
Last night (s. 2 ep. 3) my housemates and I cheered when Gloria went to Sidney to gave him the cake and tea; thrilled that they did have their mini-picnic after all! Also, when he was shown doing his one-man protest against the USAF, there was a universal "Ohhh! How sweet!" from all the (6) blokes I live with.

We were really rooting for them. Come on, let's hope for a brilliantly happy ending for both of them.
When Gloria and Sidney shared that little kiss there was not one person in my house who was unmoved.

Excellent writing. Wouldn't it be lovely to see such wonderful, loveable characters get together properly? It takes skill to really bring the characters to life and display their qualities (especially in the case of Snell, who is a man of hidden depths and incredibly complex).

Tony and Celia are just fantastic in these roles. Many thanks are due to them both!

Est x

moochy

Posted Fri Feb 1st, 2008 10:21pm Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
I agree. There isn't enough of them together. Snell is great.

shatzi

Posted Fri Feb 1st, 2008 11:48pm Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
I heard they went to an Air Force base there for filming, I'll have to wait for the DVD to see all this!

ClareBear

Posted Sat Feb 2nd, 2008 6:51am Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
It would have to be an inactive base, methinks. I've got friends who work at Lakenheath, and the security's VERY sniffy. Mildenhall possibly, but that's a bit of a hike from the usual filming spots.

shatzi

Posted Sat Feb 2nd, 2008 2:57pm Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
I know, it was hard just to get to Lakenheath. I had to go take trains to Cambridge, the Ely, then Brandon, then have a taxi take me to the gate. They couldn't get on, but I have a mil ID so I got to the visitor center and had an airman take me to the AF lodging. The O'Club never seemed to be open, and it was about 60 pounds I think to get a ride to Bury St Edmunds to see something. I'm not attempting to drive over there. Never been to Mildenhall.
Anyway I can't wait to see this series. I hope it comes out fast like the last one.

ClareBear

Posted Sat Feb 2nd, 2008 6:38pm Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
It really pays to have your own transport in my corner of the world.

bogandken

Posted Sun Feb 3rd, 2008 7:22am Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
It was actually filmed at RAF Marham....an active front line base. I think the Snell and Gloria thing is set to take off! Article in this weeks what's on TV has a bit of a hint!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 6:10pm Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
How cute was Snell when Peter was suggesting him to buy Gloria something romantic like chocolates or flowers and Snell suggested "Wheelbarrow!" Gaw! ^_^

Assuming direct control...

Mandibles

Posted Wed Feb 6th, 2008 11:03am Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
I personally buried my face in my hands at the line Snell said after talking about building the Ski-trainer.

Snell:"I'm having trouble building the thing Peter, If it's not erect I can't give it to her!"
Peter: "Well..quite"

*Mandibles slams her face into a pillow and howls with laughter and mortification*

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

LilyG

Posted Wed Feb 6th, 2008 11:05am Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
i havent seen this but:

shatzi

Posted Thu Feb 7th, 2008 1:04am Post subject: Snell and Gloria - 27th Jan episode
I've been wondering what Snell's been up to...

er, since I'm missing this series.