Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

speckledband

Posted Mon May 17th, 2010 7:48pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

I would also like to add Caravan to my list.

zomgmouse

Posted Tue May 18th, 2010 1:46pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

I went through my genres and I really couldn't summarise them, and I certainly can't be bothered listing them, so suffice it to say that the answer to the question posed by the thread's title is "good music".

Twitter
Sporadically-updated blog

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do be do be do - Sinatra
(-- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.)

lencemark

Posted Wed Jun 2nd, 2010 5:47am Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

I am a big fan of Rock. Whether it be classic rock, hard rock, metal, or even punk. Huge fan of concerts as well. There is just something about seeing great bands live and having a good time that is lots of fun to me.
Got Mayhem Festival to attend in Dallas August 13th it should be a great show!

poppywillis

Posted Sat Jun 12th, 2010 4:52pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

Got a LOT of stick throughout school for my music taste. Obsessions include The Smiths, Joy Division, Galaxie 500, Nick Drake, Laura Marling, The Field Mice, The Cure and general things that no one in my age group has ever heard of. Also like a bit of Ska. Generally dislike rap and R&B

speckledband

Posted Wed Jun 16th, 2010 2:41pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

@poppywillis I applaud you for your Smiths obsession.

Ambrosia

Posted Sun Jul 18th, 2010 3:41pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

Classical, jazz, pop music. With modern music, it's people who can do clever lyrics like Elvis Costello, the Arctic Monkeys, Paolo Nutini. Love Paolo's "Pencil Full of Lead" - sounds like a jazz classic that's been around for years. I keep thinking someone like George Melly would've sung it.

Paolo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfqdcXcGVw

George
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFFq8YnlyzA

beltolley

Posted Tue Jul 20th, 2010 10:15pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

Speckledband, massively approve of your love of Sparks. Thought your avatar picture was Sparks actually. My mind is Addled and I wasn't looking properly.

Seriously, stick a Hitler moustache on Stephen there. Look just like him.

I like: Judy Garland, Louis Armstrong, the Beatles, Ian Dury, Wreckless Eric, Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee, Pulp, James, Bonzo Dog Band, Duke Ellington

AC

Posted Tue Jul 20th, 2010 11:08pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

I also really love "oldies" music from the 1950s and especially the 1960s--Motown, pop, rock n' roll, etc.
This is one of my favorites--"Be My Baby" by the Ronettes. You've probably heard it. Recorded almost 30 years before I was born but I love it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_l5b_Nt7IQ

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." -Oscar Wilde

olivertWisted

Posted Tue Aug 3rd, 2010 5:07pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

Вrake shoes - best music in the night full of lost love, loneliness and space...

This is your home now, Joe.

miamiamia

Posted Tue Aug 3rd, 2010 6:02pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

lencemark said:
I am a big fan of Rock. Whether it be classic rock, hard rock, metal, or even punk. Huge fan of concerts as well. There is just something about seeing great bands live and having a good time that is lots of fun to me.

I soo love the smiles
Anyway im big fan of live music and rock my self, couple bands come to mind, bryan adams , ramstien , ac/dc and totally different artist alanis morrestte my all time fav.I do like to like all types music becauuse i feel you need listing to different kinds music to be good singer and lyric writer, which i do as a hobby . prograsinating again grr arrg, i usually buy live cds so picture my self there listing to the band or solo artist. P.s soz if spelling bit shoddy tad dislexic

miamiamania

Sheghi

Posted Fri Aug 6th, 2010 5:05am Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

I listen to everything really, though I prefer Progressive Rock, Indie Rock & Post Rock .. I'm also a Soundtrack Geek & am obsessed with it .. In the past week I've been listening to Porcupine Tree, Riverside, No-Man, Hans Zimmer, Edward Shearmur, Ólafur Arnalds, Garou, Harry Gregson-Williams, Nick Cave & Warren Ellis, Pink Floyd .. & Tiger Lillies (Dark Cabaret, Avant-garde & Experimental kind of thing)

.. & I ask as askingly as I might, this ask; Please Mr. Music, Will You Play? ..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Twitter: @sheghi

roman m

Posted Fri Aug 20th, 2010 4:54am Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

Magnetic Fields are probably my favorites at the moment. And Stephen's favorite Bonzos of course.

marzgirl

Posted Mon Aug 23rd, 2010 1:34am Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

poppywillis said:
Got a LOT of stick throughout school for my music taste. Obsessions include The Smiths, Joy Division, Galaxie 500, Nick Drake, Laura Marling, The Field Mice, The Cure and general things that no one in my age group has ever heard of. Also like a bit of Ska. Generally dislike rap and R&B

I was also obsessed with The Smiths, Morrissey solo and The Cure. I got to see Morrissey in Denver Colorado when I was 15 and was over the moon!!!!! My dad drove a friend and I to the show. Confirmed I have the coolest dad on the planet!!!

Right now I am really into Ben Harper, Biffy Clyro, Paolo Nutini.....ummmm there is more but I cannot think right now.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

ginyjhon

Posted Fri Aug 27th, 2010 12:38pm Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

Most probably I like to listen rock and indie stuff....I like rap sometimes, just not with all the curse words...

TheDuchess24

Posted Sun Sep 5th, 2010 12:37am Post subject: So what music does everybody like?

HIM, Stevie Nicks, Kevin Costner and the Modern West, David Bowie, Alexisonfire, Atreyu, Hank Williams JR, Elvis Presley.etc..etc....and about a hundred different movie soundtracks!

A 17 year old girl from Hampshire with an unhealthy obsession for many things, including the irritatingly unavailable Mr Fry. Will most certainly attempt to kidnap him in the future and force him to marry me.

I apologize in advance, Stephen. ;)

'I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.' - Bram Stoker.

My blog can be found here!