Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Feb 14th, 2007 11:40am Post subject: some good viewing ?
Please, I need cheering up. Some funny video. Recommend Please !
Along the lines of Steptoe or Father Ted ?

Frylu

Posted Wed Feb 14th, 2007 12:23pm Post subject: some good viewing ?
Why were you in hospital

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 15th, 2007 2:43pm Post subject: some good viewing ?
:-//

Frylu

Posted Fri Feb 16th, 2007 8:51am Post subject: some good viewing ?
Oh deary me

ClareBear

Posted Fri Feb 16th, 2007 7:37pm Post subject: some good viewing ?
Big Train (sketch show http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0178126/ ). I recently picked up both series for £13 in Fopp. Written (or was it directed) by Graham Linehan (he of Father Ted), starring Simon Pegg, Kevin Eldon, Mark Heap and a bunch of people I can't remember right now.

Ignore the user comment on IMDB....they're wrong.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Feb 16th, 2007 9:39pm Post subject: some good viewing ?
I shall give that a go.x

Flossy

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 9:51pm Post subject: some good viewing ?
Try out Childrens Hour on radio 7 listen again! This is Mitchell and Web at their best. It is on the listen again page and is completely hilarious. Hurry before they take it off. You should catch the last of the four episodes if you go there now.

The show is about two journalists who put out a youth music show on radio 4 and deliver it in the usual patronising way you could expect from some of the high-brow presenters you can find on that channel. If you are an avid listener to R4 then you should know what I mean. The modern youth show on R4 is called "Go For It!" which has a Mancurian presenter and tries to be hip hop and happening for "the kids". Childrens Hour rips the piss out of this kind of thing and does it superbly! Check it out man! Nah wha-amean?