Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

netromwatch

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 7:13pm Post subject: Some questions :)
Hi everybody!

I am new to this site, and I am thrilled to be here now. I am a huge supporter of Mr Stephen Fry's work and his persona is just so wonderful.

As always, Fry is a bit of a gadget fan. As perhaps most of us in here And I have understood that he is a very official Apple fan. But I have seen him on a picture and on "Kingdom - behind the scenes", with another kind of phone with a visible antenna. I just wonder if anyone know what phone that is?

And I have understood that Fry is uploading some videos on YouTube from his current trip in Africa and around the world. Where is it? I cannot find it....... Please help!

Cheers all!

lef

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 7:57pm Post subject: Some questions :)
I too was watching Kingdom behind the scenes and wondered what phone that was, I bet he hasn't got it anymore though, it was two years ago, and he seems utterly devoted to his iphone now

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 8:05pm Post subject: Some questions :)
You might want to check out Stephen's first blog entry Devices and Desires where he writes at length about all the phones he owns and / or tested. Maybe the Kingdome phone is amongst those.

netromwatch

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 10:27pm Post subject: Some questions :)
for your replies and a very informative link. A really good read. Just a bit sad that it is so old now.......
Anyway, I think I have figured out what phone he had in "Kingdom - behind the scenes" and sometimes pictured with. A "Palm Treo" phone of some sort.

Once again, thank you for being so helpful

And, if someone else know where Fry is uploading his videos in YouTube, please respond. I have tried to find a "Stephen Fry" identity there. Perhaps I am really doing something wrong in my searches.

dulieGirl

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 11:52pm Post subject: Some questions :)
netromwatch, he doesn't upload vidoes on YouTube, that I know of. They've just recently added videos here on this site with 2.0. Stephen does have a YouTube channel where he uploaded some camera shots from a review he did on his blog. But it seems he only set up that channel for the camera review, since there has been no other uploads before or since the camera tests.

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 12:02am Post subject: Some questions :)
I suspect when he says he's uploading videos that he's getting them either onto the hard drive or sent on to the site administrators for posting.

We shall see I suspect

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

netromwatch

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 12:13am Post subject: Some questions :)
I just read this "twitter" response Stephen gave to a fellow twitter:

"Good night. Thanks for the messages on YouTube ... sorry I don't have time to answer at length. Tweets suit me better x"

And I am almost 100% positive that I read something about uploading something on YouTube. Maybe just wishful thinking...... Because I cannot locate the message anymore.

I do apologize for being so persistent about this YouTube thing. But IF Stephen really were to upload small videos as he go about, it would be such a shame to miss it.

As always, thank you for quick answers

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 2:06am Post subject: Some questions :)
I still stand by my bit...I figured the response was to something the fellow twitterer put on youtube.

Ask Andrew Sampson...he'd know.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P