Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

deborah

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 11:04pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
How behind the times am I??
I was suffering since the last episode of Kingdom, Sundays evenings just arent the same and then I came across this thread. Will definately be ordering my copy soon, I didnt know it was avaliable on DVD!!
Holidayed in Norfolk a few years ago, it was a delightful place and was lovely to see it again on Kingdom. Stephen, Hermione and Celia go so well together dont they, what a wonderful trio and I was very pleasently surprised by Lyle, I only remember him from Emmerdale, he did really well in the series. Cant wait for series two, in the meantime I must order that DVD..................
love Deborah

Emma18

Posted Tue Jun 12th, 2007 11:21pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Well I feel really stupid because..
My family and I went to Norfolk last August which happened to be when Kingdom was being filmed (I didn't know this at the time). My sister came back from having a chinese with her boyfriend in Swaffham, I think, and she told us she had seen 'Robert Sugden' from emmerdale there. I was like 'what are you on about? Why would he be in Norfolk?' and thought no more about it until I realised that he was in Kingdom and that he would have been filming the first series at the time!! I feel reeeeeeeaaallllyyy silly!!!
You wait untill series 2 filming starts..Im ready for some starspotting

Frylu

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 3:27pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Which episode is your favourite

trouser material

Posted Tue Jun 26th, 2007 2:13pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Atari, BANHAMMER!!!!

ClareBear

Posted Tue Jun 26th, 2007 2:18pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
He was active a matter of moments. 14 posts.

trouser material

Posted Tue Jun 26th, 2007 4:55pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
vermin.

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 4:24pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
I was going to get mine from HMV, as I was in the nearest store on the day it came out, but it seemed very expensive, so I got it slightly cheaper from Amazon, so I've had it for a while.

There should be regular rude vegetable comepetitions...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 6:32pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
I find most thi...sorry I mean all things cheaper on Amazon and in MusicZone than HMV. It's very rare I buy anything from HMV because it's such a rip off. It's only worth bothering with when they have sales on.

Assuming direct control...

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 6:36pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
I don't usually buy things from HMV, only if Thirteen Senses have a single out, which is why I was in HMV on the day that "Kingdom" was released.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 6:47pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?

It's unbelievable the price differences between HMV and MusicZone. I can't believe HMV think they can get away with charging so much. They charge £24.00 for dvds that I could get in the £7-12 region from MusicZone. It's always a massive difference not just a few quid, well except for new releases. It's usually about 3 quid difference.

PeterNorman

Posted Sun Aug 5th, 2007 5:14pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Hi everyone!

I ordered the Series 1 DVD of Kingdom when it was released back in early spring but kept it hidden in my closet until mid-July as it was a birthday present for my girlfriend. So I've only recently watched the series - its VERY good! Its more than good, its excellent! I get lost in the episodes and find it very jarring to get dumped back into the real world when the credits roll. I love all the characters, the locations are amazing, the pace is perfect.

The DVD set is 'Region 2' so I had to buy a region free DVD player. (Yamaha Model #:S659 for $200+tax, Canadian funds).

I'm really looking forward to Series 2 - but its maddening that it'll be another seven months before I see it. Living in Canada makes it difficult to watch only British television shows. Well, I watch Hugh Laurie's 'House', so I'm not completely mental, I suppose.

Rock on!
peter

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Aug 5th, 2007 7:57pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
It is a great series the more I see it the more I love it. It's so easy to get lost into and I'm dying to see the next series. I'm anticipating it as much as the next series of Doctor Who and Torchwood.

shatzi

Posted Sun Aug 12th, 2007 7:04pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Got mine too! Have to watch it on the computer though as it's region 2.

ShaylaMorris

Posted Mon Aug 13th, 2007 9:50pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Ok I'm converted now! Kingdom, QI, Peter's Friends, and Wilde are all region 2 so I'm off to buy a dvd player that I can hack to region 2. I got luck and found a VHS tape of Peter's Friends and a dvd of Bright Young Young Things at a pawn shop at the same time. However the roomates found Kingdom on You Tube and are now hounding me to try and find a download on line. When I mentioned that the first season was on dvd in the UK and we could order it the house fund opened for a order from Amazon UK. X-D

diamond

Posted Mon Aug 27th, 2007 4:44pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?

It's unbelievable the price differences between HMV and MusicZone. I can't believe HMV think they can get away with charging so much. They charge £24.00 for dvds that I could get in the £7-12 region from MusicZone. It's always a massive difference not just a few quid, well except for new releases. It's usually about 3 quid difference.

Hear Hear! I once saw an album, I think it might have been Genesis, in HMV for £19.99 and the same album was only a fiver in MusicZone.

Up here in wales however the two closest music zones to me apart from liverpool have closed down, so I stick to amazon more or less unless I really want a new release on the day just incase it doesn't come that day from amazon. I do shop in HMV when they have a sale on, you can get some good stuff for about 3 or 4 quid.