Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Aug 27th, 2007 8:40pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?

It's unbelievable the price differences between HMV and MusicZone. I can't believe HMV think they can get away with charging so much. They charge £24.00 for dvds that I could get in the £7-12 region from MusicZone. It's always a massive difference not just a few quid, well except for new releases. It's usually about 3 quid difference.

Hear Hear! I once saw an album, I think it might have been Genesis, in HMV for £19.99 and the same album was only a fiver in MusicZone.

Up here in wales however the two closest music zones to me apart from liverpool have closed down, so I stick to amazon more or less unless I really want a new release on the day just incase it doesn't come that day from amazon. I do shop in HMV when they have a sale on, you can get some good stuff for about 3 or 4 quid.

*cries* Our MusicZone has now closed down. Now I'm entirely dependent on Amazon for music and dvds.

Assuming direct control...

diamond

Posted Mon Aug 27th, 2007 8:50pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
oh has yours closed aswell? Are they all closing because a few other people have said their local ones have aswell. Terrible shame if they do.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Aug 27th, 2007 9:48pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
It is, I thought they were doing well because they'd bought out MVC a while back and close them down. This is as bad as Waterstones taking over Ottakers and James Thin shutting down. There's no diversity anymore it's all one store or nothing.

diamond

Posted Mon Aug 27th, 2007 10:04pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Its a bit like having deja vu walking down high streets; topshop, waterstones, river island, new look, woolies etc etc

I love the thrill of finding a little gem of a book shop or something similar though, this is becoming more and more rare however.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Aug 27th, 2007 10:09pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
It is getting rarer finding independent shops. They're all gone in my town or probably going. It's really sad. Though a bit of luck we've now got an Oxfam Books of our very own. *squee* I love Oxfam Books they have a really good one in Preston. I found tons of great books in the new one including the Comic Relief Blackadde book The Whole Damn Dynasty. It's got scripts for every episode plus loads of extra fun stuff for the book.

diamond

Posted Mon Aug 27th, 2007 10:44pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
I love books, I love just having them everywere. Well as I live at home with the parents I can only have them scattered around everywere in my room but im starting to branch out into the dining room and moving their books along to make room for mine. I find them comforting in a strange way, I think its because however you feel there's a book that will reflect it.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Aug 28th, 2007 9:57am Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Mine are all scattered around my room too. It's driving my mum mad, I have piles next to the bed ever growing. I love going in bookstores and libraries too. Even just to browse.

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Tue Aug 28th, 2007 10:37am Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
Amazon is good, isn't it? I found the QI DVD on amazon for about 4 or 5 quid, including postage costs. In WHSmith, to order the game in would have cost about £20!

Midsomerlover

Posted Tue Jan 22nd, 2008 4:09pm Post subject: So....Who's got the DVD?
I am probably gonna buy the first season, it has a very reasonable price nowadays on Amazon.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.