Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Tue Sep 10th, 2013 2:41am Post subject: SPAM

My god. Has administering this forum been totally abandoned? The amount of home design spam alone is boggling. Is there no 'Delete' key under the hood here? Has everyone gone to sleep? LOL

And for you spammers invading this forum...piss off you little rats.

Really? Wow.

Katymum

Posted Wed Sep 11th, 2013 7:09pm Post subject: SPAM

Well said Nitro ..."rats" is too good a description for these invaders! It is the same on the other forum.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Sep 29th, 2013 2:27pm Post subject: SPAM

Yes, pretty much. And I'm not willing to spend a chunk of each day trying to catch it, it's too much. Whatever filters were being used have apparently failed completely, and it's too much for mods to keep up with. And Admin is aware. Sorry y'all.

NB- Yes, there is a delete key, but it's like pissing on a fire, the moment you delete it and then ban the ISP, it's back and from a different ISP. Like a Zombie Kitchen Apocalypse.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Oct 1st, 2013 11:59am Post subject: SPAM

Things do look pretty crazy round here with all the homeware spam. I don't know what to advise. I've known forums before being attacked by hackers until eventually the site admin get up of fighting it and just purged everything and destroyed the forum. It would be a shame to see this forum go as it was always one of the nicest forums I've ever come across. Not full of power mad mods and snarky posters with a rigid hierarchy.

Assuming direct control...