Author Post

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 2:49pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Thanks for getting stuck in Stephen.

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 2:59pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

It was always our intention to make the fixes to the forum Tito. It was on our agenda as I've said before and Stephen has explained why he stepped in. I would really appreciate your support as we proceed with the project. It would mean alot.

Cheers,

Andrew

Tito said:
Thanks for getting stuck in Stephen.

nongenderous

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 3:03pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Now that I have the opportunity I would like to say that this forum is a great part of my life. I've met a lot of wonderful and interesting people since I first joined the forum.
I realize I almost take it for granted now, and the cost and expenses in making this site is something I've hardly ever think about (shame on me). You do a wonderful job in making this site and keeping the forum up and running. I haven't had much problems since you changed to Wordpress; just a small bug, which I've already reported. Take the time you need to fix what needs to be done.
Thanks for making such a magical place.

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 3:06pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

I was referring to Stephen getting stuck in with monochromeprincess.
It was nice that he gave her his support.

Perhaps I didn't make that clear.

Anyway, I think we are all in the mood now to move on and look forward to things improving in the forum.

Best wishes Tito

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 3:09pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Ah. Anyway, I think perhaps we see the same point, just from slightly different angles. All good. Thanks for your support.

Andrew

Tito said:
I was referring to Stephen getting stuck in with monochromeprincess.
It was nice that he gave her his support.

Perhaps I didn't make that clear.

Anyway, I think we are all in the mood now to move on and look forward to things improving in the forum.

Best wishes Tito

monochromeprincess

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 3:16pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Tito said:
monochromeprincess,

You haven't done or said anything objectionable that I've seen.

I'm like you, I get the strength to say what I feel and then apologise for it.

But, my love, we shouldn't really. If we hadn't said anything about the state of the forum then it may have been left in a mess, at least lots of things may have been missed, pm problems for example and advertisers may have been unimpressed, user numbers might have dropped, all sorts of things might have happened.

Don't feel badly about it. And like you point out yourself, it's time now for us to move forward.

Thou art a sweetie, and haven't done or said anything to reproach yourself for.

Love Tito xxx

Thank you so much Tito. *glomp* You're a very sweet person to keep me more in touch with reality. I feel like an emotional blob that needs a box to be put into so that I don't spill over everyone, lol. We can all help in our own way around here, so that's what I'll concentrate on. I'd do anything to preserve the way things are around here.

Stephen Fry said:
Oh dear, now you’ve made me all weepy too!

Darling, you have - to echo Tito - absolutely nothing to reproach yourself for, but thank you for such a graceful, affectionate and open-hearted post

S xxx

Oh thank you so much Stephen! *dares to glomp* If words are the only thing I can give you back for the huge gratitude I feel towards you, then you are very welcome. As @nemelle said so well on Twitter a little while ago - "Each time I think I can't love him more and then... oops I can."

much love and thank you
Debs xxxx

@dreamingshadow

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 3:24pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

You are welcome monochrome,

I'm having a bad day too, (Have been shaking for several hours now), we don't need to be put into boxes. We need to commune with fellow blobs to practise our own special brand of 'normal'.

Love again, T xxx

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 3:35pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

I only would like to say that the Forum place always was and is a warm and friendly house. I strongly believe that all its residents know it and want it to be such a house in the future, too. All comments say so. In each house it sometimes occurs that a window is grating or you will remark the stiffness of a door. If it's a thing you can't change yourself you need to call for an expert which many did. Sometimes it's necessary to wait, but the house you live in is there. You still can enter, live, enjoy, meet friends. Missing a bit of the accustomed convenience doesn't mean all is bad or let's go and make 'them' get a move on. You just have to inform the houseowner and his caretaker in a polite way, it's their house.
In this special case I'm very pleased that our houseowner and his team decided to give comprehensive information in return.

Mr. Fry, Mr. Sampson and katysara, I would like to thank you very much as being informed always mean less misunderstandings, less rumors, more understanding and patience.

(Sorry if I'm too direct. No offence intended. Like you all and the 'house' means a lot to me).

katysara

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 3:55pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Stephen had a forum filled with admirers,
With similar beliefs and much hilarity.
They got on with glee,
For all to see,
And loved the place for conviviality.

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

Soupy Twist

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 4:23pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Thank you, Stephen and Andrew, for your posts and for all your efforts to keep this place running. I've always been grateful for this forum and apologise if I wrote anything implying ingratitude.
Your metaphor of this forum being a house or flat is a nice one and I hope you don't mind if I borrow it to explain from my perspective how those unfortunate frictions came about. Remember the early days of the Fry forum, when we all moved happily into a small, modest place? The walls were green, convenience and luxury scarce, but hey, we loved our first home. Imagine how happy we were to move into our shiny new house, a fluffy palace and warm, welcoming home of an ever-growing happy crowd. But two months ago we came home to find the house in an utter mess, with scaffolders everywhere. The proprietor and maintenance had started to renovate the whole building. We were told to be patient, and we were, despite vanishing furniture and our sudden inability to open our letterboxes. One inhabitant's room suddenly had glass walls and no door, by which his real life identity (which is important for him to conceal) happened to be exposed. Others, tired, weary and wet on a rainy day and looking forward to the cosiness of the Fry mansion, didn't even get through the door. This is when we started to voice our displeasure, and though I'm very sorry that we gave you distress I'm glad the forum has not been forgotten.
Again, thank you for your hard work and dedication.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 4:34pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Thank you very much Stephen and Andrew for taking so much time to talk to us and bring us up to date with what is going on. I must admit that I am quite teary eyed reading through this thread. The very fact that you have both taken up a significant portion of your day, just to let us know what has been going on and what is planned says a lot about your commitment to and interest in this forum. We really do appreciate it and appreciate you both for all that you have done.

I honestly do think there is a lot of love in this forum. And I have to say I was certainly warmly welcomed by all when I made my first tentative posts on the site. I do think, Stephen, that most of the members, and certainly those that call themselves "fluffettes" try very hard to exhibit the qualities which we think most reflect your strengths (your kindness, warmth, acceptance, patience, tolerance, humor and of course politeness). I will also admit that when it comes to patience I very often fall short. I sincerely apologize for my impatience, But, of course, it is easier to be patient when we know what it is we are waiting for, and now we do. Thank you Stephen and Andrew, you may twit slap me if I become an impatient child again. xx

whattocallmyself

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 4:37pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

I've been away from this place for so long I am not even sure what is going on in here.
I can say though, I miss the old green forum and the gentleness that came with it.
Maybe thats the issue here?
Well.
All the best,
Damnraven

Onwards and Upwards!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 4:38pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Wow. I have literally exploded with glee. My guts and gore just happen to plop on the keyboard at precisely the right tempo to make this sentence have any sort of sens5089ybnpaav7

Everythings been said that I wanted to say. Gratitude has been granted. Metaphors met. Fluffiness fluffified. And more eloquently than I could have said it. At a bit of a loss as to what to say. Other than

OMLPGLOMP STEPHEN /ANDREW

As you were.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Rain Dog

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 5:06pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

I love this place and all the people here more than any other virtual community ever and I'm thankful for all the hard work that has been put into it. Stephen and Andrew, like everyone else I really appreciate that you have taken time to explain what is going on. It's so easy to take places like this for granted and forget how much work it takes for things to run smoothly.

So thank you, for the people in charge and also for everyone else for being such fluffy, lovely people.

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 5:24pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

hey, why's the second page fatter on my iPod so then I need to put it in landscape to read comfortably? but really, I wouldn't want to cause any of you distress! given that one ongoing project of mine is rigging up my creaky student bed to it's even halfway comfortable, I suppose I might be more likely to accept conditions without question. however, I don't want to do this while ignoring the complaints of others here who obviously feel strongly and whom I consider my friends. I am feeling no animosity toward anyone, as it's hard enough to have a full understanding of another's condition in person-- on the internet forgiveness has to be a habit.

I feel a bit sheepish thinking you've already put six days toward improvements here, and as we're doing national attributes, that is hardly appropriate for an American. I wish the best for all upcoming SamFry endeavors and I will be ready to watch, download, order, or send away boxtops for a collectable Oscar Wilde dinner plates, whatever the case may be.

sockdolager.