Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 5:26pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

I for one feel a bit down as I think I didn't properly thank Andrew and Simon after they helped me with log in issues.

I'll be in Sydney for a few brief days in mid-November so if you are free or in the area Mr. Sampson...I would love to buy you a drink.

Mr. Wheatley....I shall not be in your area any time soon but all my love to you as well on looking into my log in issues several months ago.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

gjhsu

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 5:52pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Thank you, Stephen, Andrew, et al. As has been mentioned before, this forum has become a home for many of us (hey, call us squatters, ha!), and any time you can provide us any information on making the place more homey, more friendly, and more... well, more, it's very, very much appreciated.

I think we, as users, can definitely say that we will do our level best to keep heads cool, calm, and most importantly, friendly.

Best regards!

Soph

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 6:58pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Thank you Stephen, for being so understanding upon our feelings for the forum. We're very appreciative of this and also for you to take the time and bravery to let us hear what you have to say about the situation. I can't help but feel dreadfully terrible for making any comments that could be misinterpreted as ungrateful. Becuase I am really, very grateful for what we have already here.

Dear Fluffettes, are the kindest, sweetest people I've had the pleasure to get to know. Each one of them, new to the site or old, have made me smile and laugh every single day. They've really made me feel like I belong here.I think my passion for the forum may have masked my appreciation and gratitude for what we have. If I knew what was involved, I didn't even think that money was involved. How wrong I've been. I am deeply sorry.

Thank you, Andrew for informing us and for your dedication to the forum. I had thought about this last night actually, and thought I would PM you to let you know of my appreciation in the morning. I think last nights event made me realise how busy you must be and why other projects have been prioritised. As they so should be.

In the meantime we'll continue to gather here with smiles on our faces.
I may not have added much more to what's already been said, as I think you've all got it completely right, explained your views perfectly and I agree with you all wholeheartedly.
Take care,
Soph. x

Photobucket

tui

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 7:03pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Hello,
I was a lurker/shy & quiet newbie when the changes were taking place, so to be honest i haven't really noticed or not been annoyed by it. So i would love to take this opportunity just to say a few (hopefully) words!
Since joining the forum i have been made to feel very welcome and have made some true friends. There is so much love on here and between all the fluffettes its unreal! One of my recent happiest moments was when another referred to me as a Fluffette I felt i belonged!

So THANK YOU Andrew, Simon & Mods for your past, present & future hard work. So very appreciated.

And, well Stephen, I hope by now you know how much you mean to me and how much influence you have had on my life. Love you and this my new 'home'
Hoped you liked you dodgy drawing from the book launch?!?!?! LoL

Much love to all
sarah XxXx

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 7:48pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Allow me to echo all of the thanks, and also add that I think this calls for a
GroupHug

...and for Katy a big wet smooch.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Nitro

Posted Sat Oct 17th, 2009 8:57pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Dear Mr.Fry and Forum Members,

At first, I wrote something boring here. I noticed Mr.Fry started to yawn. Some of you rascals did too. But then I recovered, and said something really funny and erudite. Even Andrew the Aussie laughed. Then right here I said something profound and thought provoking. I was really on a roll at this point.

It didn't last though, because it was right about here I got really drunk and fell down the stairs.

Yours in forumness,
Nitro

Really? Wow.

Mikal

Posted Sun Oct 18th, 2009 12:36am Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

It really hits the point home, and erases any doubts about a person's personality, when someone as profound and busy as you; Stephen, take time out of your busy schedule to step in (even though you're strictly non-confrontational) and voice your concerns over the direction your forum is taking. Anyone with doubts in their mind about the generous and charming nature of your character should (hopefully) now have them all erased.

Frankly, (or Stephenly, if you'll pardon the expression) I think it's quite silly that people got in such an uproar. I think we're all just desperate to see you walking on water and turning water into bourbon again. I don't think you should be feeling vain when you peruse the forums though. After all, your fans are all here precisely because we think you're such a fantastic, inspirational person. You would have reason to feel vain if you paid us to be here, obviously; but this is entirely out of blind faith in your abilities and love for us all. Fry's love saves lives all over the world, even the animals.

Oops, silly me. I've been donning my 'preacher' fingers. Somehow I thought I was visiting the Church of Stephen Fry (now THERE'S a money-making scheme. Just ask L. Ron.) and all their sass. Please ignore my religion-paralleling words. But the message remains the same.

Stephen, inactive as I am on the forum (for proper reasons) and with no real claim to saying this; your descending from the clouds, your 'second coming', if you will, means a lot to so many of us here. That you managed to overcome your fear of confrontation in order to try and restore some order just speaks so much about you that it does, as some others have so emotionally vocalised, bring a tear to one's eye.

Lovely, lovely man.

Sincerely,

Mike

PS: This reads like a "Children's Letters to God" segment. I apologise in the aftermath of reading.

xx

quantumofire

Posted Sun Oct 18th, 2009 1:12am Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Thank you for your lovely message Stephen and Andrew. lol

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

Nitro

Posted Sun Oct 18th, 2009 5:21am Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

"I think we're all just desperate to see you walking on water and turning water into bourbon again. "

Oh please, speak for yourself! I could care less if he walks, dives, or backstrokes in water.

Now, the bourbon on the other hand...

*hic*

Really? Wow.

Andrew Sampson

Administrator

Posted Sun Oct 18th, 2009 12:36pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

The responses here have been so positive. Thank you so much guys. That's a huge relief I can tell you.

Some of you have noted that you now understand how much we have going on here at SamFry. Thanks for that as well.

The fixes will be happening over the next few weeks as I said. We have a few other projects that are nearing completion but by and large there shouldn't be too many hold ups.

Best,

Andrew

tallyg

Posted Sun Oct 18th, 2009 4:53pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

I don't have much to say, apart from: Stephen you are awesome, cheers for taking the time to speak to us. Andrew, Simon, Clare, Nick and KS, much respect to you guys. Having just started a course that includes web scripting and the likes, I have grown to realise the amount of work that goes into these pages. So, I shall keep visiting and enjoying things for what they are.

Cheers guys

andrealein

Posted Mon Oct 19th, 2009 11:05am Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Not much more to add to what everyone expressed so superbly. So I simply say THANK YOU for creating this wonderful place and caring about it.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

michael

Posted Mon Oct 19th, 2009 3:49pm Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Fryphile said:
Wow. I have literally exploded with glee. My guts and gore just happen to plop on the keyboard at precisely the right tempo to make this sentence have any sort of sens5089ybnpaav7

Everythings been said that I wanted to say. Gratitude has been granted. Metaphors met. Fluffiness fluffified. And more eloquently than I could have said it. At a bit of a loss as to what to say. Other than

OMLPGLOMP STEPHEN/ ANDREW

As you were.

LOL... ditto... as everyone has already said everything great...

*EDITED* uh oh! i screwed up the page!! i broke it!!! aaaugh! *walks off like charlie brown*

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Sikander21

Posted Tue Oct 20th, 2009 3:33am Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Is there a problem with the forum? To be honest I never noticed maybe I am just out the loop maybe I should know better. Don’t worry about upsetting people you have to remember the masses are never happy. Let them complain, get upset and the rest when the postal strike kicks in that will give them something new to moan about until the next non event comes along.

It’s your Forum you pay for it and I am sure lots of people work hard to maintain it ignore the non eventists they will never be happy.

As for me I am very happy with the forum

Nitro

Posted Tue Oct 20th, 2009 6:22am Post subject: Special message from Stephen Fry

Yep, you're out of the loop for sure which makes your going ahead on to comment on members in this forum whose behavior you haven't notice, slightly risky on your part. If you were in the loop, you'd know there was never any kind of ill-feeling in any 'eventist' way. All expressions about some very real problems that affect the users of this forum were given as feedback. Feedback, btw, that was asked for. The memebers of this forum aren't 'the masses' either and, despite what you know - which is very little being 'out of the loop - it's totaly appropriate for communication to go on between the users and the builders about what is built. It would be pointless to build a thing and then also decide 'not to worry' how they feel about it. How the members here feel about the forum is the very point of it all: interaction. Suggesting they're just a group of ill-tempered, whiny, nobodies is so far from the truth that only your being out of the loop explains such a perspective.

Really? Wow.