Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

the bantam menace

Posted Wed Nov 19th, 2008 12:33pm Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
Now I love Spielberg films, and usually like most stuff that Will Smith's in, but can anyone - hand on heart - tell me that these two can make a faithful remake of Oldboy? I can't see Mr Smith eating a live octopus, or Mr Spielberg ending a film with an incest twist can you?
Leave it alone, if you want to see an excellent version of Oldboy see the original.

Nitro

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 2:56am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
I was beginning to think the two headed monstor called SpielbergHanks would never die. Is it just morphing into SpielbergSmith? X-D I like some things Will Smith has been in but haven't much liked a Spielberg film in recent years, especially if paired with Hanks.

That's my convaluted way of answering,"No" to your question X-D

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 4:51am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
Spielberg is going down hill in a huge way iffin' you want my 2 cents...but you probably don't.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 9:19am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
Remakes are rarely ever good. I'm tired of the current obsession with remaking Japanese and Korean fims, especially considering they're only a few years old! It's not necessary! If some losers can't handle subtitles tough titties to them. They'll have to miss out on the film. Suck it up don't ruin good films to make life easier for lazy people.

Assuming direct control...

amberzak

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 12:53pm Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
I am a huge fan of Spielberg, I really am. He is the reason I started making films. So believe me when I say it is hard to say this.

Spielberg has been going downhill in recent years. Hw shouldn't have done War of the Worlds (or at least she should have called it something different) and a lot of his newer films go on way to long, and should have ended a lot earlier (AI for example)

I am concerned about this. Because I am not so sure it is Spielbergs thing. I think he should stop making remakes.

Honestly that hurts to say, but it is true. Spielberg classics were the best. He reached his peak already.

smilla.jaspersen

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 7:54pm Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
bad idea, mr. spielberg, very bad idea.

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 4:41am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
I am a huge fan of Spielberg, I really am. He is the reason I started making films. So believe me when I say it is hard to say this.

Spielberg has been going downhill in recent years. Hw shouldn't have done War of the Worlds (or at least she should have called it something different) and a lot of his newer films go on way to long, and should have ended a lot earlier (AI for example)

I am concerned about this. Because I am not so sure it is Spielbergs thing. I think he should stop making remakes.

Honestly that hurts to say, but it is true. Spielberg classics were the best. He reached his peak already.

I used to like Spielberg. He was never the reason I started making films but it was all down hill from Saving private Ryan.

At least he had a run...Peter Jackson should bow out gracefully now.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 11:22am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy

Spielberg made so many classics back in the day.

AI had the worst movie ending ever, that film was so bad it makes me want to puke just thinking about it - AI in 5 seconds.

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 11:45am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
Guess there's not much point in me watching the original have read the first post! As for AI I've not watched it since it look so schmalzty. WotW I did watch and it was really quite poor, apart from Tim Robbins.

Saving Private Ryan was a film I did not enjoy. The first twenty minutes is so horrifying that I didn't actually care about any of the characters after it as all my emotion was spent.

That would be me.

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 11:52am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
I agree about A.I., probably the worst film I've ever seen. What a colossal muck-up. Stanley Kubrick must have turned in his grave.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Nov 21st, 2008 11:54am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
I agree about A.I., probably the worst film I've ever seen. What a colossal muck-up. Stanley Kubrick must have turned in his grave.

Poor Kubric.

Guess there's not much point in me watching the original have read the first post! As for AI I've not watched it since it look so schmalzty. WotW I did watch and it was really quite poor, apart from Tim Robbins.

I didn't even bother seeing War of the Worlds. I knew I'd come out the other end unhappy with it so I gave it a miss.

Yes AI was schmaltzy. It was horrid, overly sentimental with a sappy ending.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Nov 22nd, 2008 7:23am Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
If you thought AI was shite....avoid War of the Worlds at all costs.

My mum made me go with her and I left the film b/c it was horrible so I went out to the lobby for about 15 minutes and when I returned...literally nothing had happened.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Nov 23rd, 2008 6:37pm Post subject: Speilberg and Will Smith are remaking Oldboy
If you thought AI was shite....avoid War of the Worlds at all costs.

My mum made me go with her and I left the film b/c it was horrible so I went out to the lobby for about 15 minutes and when I returned...literally nothing had happened.

Warning assimilated. Avoid WotW at all costs! Anyway, it's got Tom Cruise in it so that makes it a billion times easier to avoid. I won't watch anything with him in. The only exception is Interview with the Vampire because I'm such a big fan of the series. I really really hate him though. His voice is like nails on chalkboard to me.