Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

R.W.

Posted Wed Mar 4th, 2009 7:29pm Post subject: Squeeze your Guts into these Bad jeans with a Stick no more
What does everyone think about the looming extinction of squeeze, guts, bad and stick?

(see http://frombrain2bookshelf.blogspot.com - post entitled 'Time to mourn the phrase "squeeze your guts into these bad jeans with a stick?"')

Is it sad or inevitable and should we change it?

R.W.

PamJH

Posted Wed Mar 4th, 2009 9:24pm Post subject: Squeeze your Guts into these Bad jeans with a Stick no more
Nah, they won't die.

Here's why: Around here, possums get their guts squeezed on the roads all the timed. Then we have to scrape them up with a stick. Makes me feel bad, it does.

Benjamin

Posted Wed Mar 4th, 2009 9:50pm Post subject: Squeeze your Guts into these Bad jeans with a Stick no more
What a load of old tut. I've never heard anything as stupid in my life.

There's no such thing as defunct words - some folks, the venerable Mr. Fry included, speak fluent Tudor, fer Chrissakes. And I still correctly use the word 'whom' in day-to-day speech.

However, entirely within the realms of hypothesis, I think this -

If you could only save one of them, which would it be?

Is quite a fun question.

I'd save stick. How on Earth are we going to get along without sticks?

I'm a histrionic, holistic, herculean halibut.

CLICK TO SEE MY BRAINS.

cupcake

Posted Wed Mar 4th, 2009 11:25pm Post subject: Squeeze your Guts into these Bad jeans with a Stick no more
Tsss, I still use this words...maybe I am a bit slow because I am not a native speaker.

"Bad" is in danger of extinction? Which words do you use instead? Not good?

I would save guts. No guts, no glory.

Nitro

Posted Thu Mar 5th, 2009 4:51am Post subject: Squeeze your Guts into these Bad jeans with a Stick no more
I wish the blogger had inserted a link to the Readings list or article, , if it's available on line.

I hear all of these words used all of the time.

Really? Wow.

Help

Posted Thu Mar 5th, 2009 10:28am Post subject: Squeeze your Guts into these Bad jeans with a Stick no more

Is this actually serious?
I use the word "squeeze" all the time.
I like to "squeeze" people, not random people, well sometimes

R.W.

Posted Thu Mar 5th, 2009 2:48pm Post subject: Squeeze your Guts into these Bad jeans with a Stick no more
I wish the blogger had inserted a link to the Readings list or article, , if it's available on line.

I hear all of these words used all of the time.

I just replied to this but it didn't post - strange.

The info you want is in today's post:
http://frombrain2bookshelf.blogspot.com

Rebecca