Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TheChainedWolf

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 7:06pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift

Chris Mac

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 7:31pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
Excellent! I know it sounds odd but looking at the pic I straight away thought what a terrific Dr Who Stephen would make. With a few too many assistants of course.

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 8:20pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
He would make a good Doctor Who. And how amazing would it be to be stuck in a lift with Stephen Fry? Out of all the people to be stuck in a lift with, I think he's the best. My Mum even said how cool it would be.

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

Soph

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 8:40pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
And how amazing would it be to be stuck in a lift with Stephen Fry? Out of all the people to be stuck in a lift with, I think he's the best. My Mum even said how cool it would be.

Ahh, y'see that's why they look so cheerful. It's all down to Stephen being there.

I think it's quite amusing how this has found it's way on The Daily Mail, The Gaurdian and The Sun's websites.

Photobucket

Firlefanz

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 8:40pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
sonic screwdriver might have been of some use in that lift...

and I still feel like I have missed an important EVENT, not been on twitter for #frylift
(should I worry about slightly addicted behaviour.... ahmmm... no. ;-))

and it's such a nice picture, everyone smiling like they won the lottery!

gjhsu

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 8:53pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift

and it's such a nice picture, everyone smiling like they won the lottery!

It was later followed by:

"#frylift This is getting boring. Morale still high. Hopes of early night dashed."

monochromeprincess

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 8:55pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
And how amazing would it be to be stuck in a lift with Stephen Fry? Out of all the people to be stuck in a lift with, I think he's the best. My Mum even said how cool it would be.

Ahh, y'see that's why they look so cheerful. It's all down to Stephen being there.

I think it's quite amusing how this has found it's way on The Daily Mail, The Gaurdian and The Sun's websites.

Oh Soph, reader of all news websites, is there a possibility of furnishing us with links? Pretty pwease?

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

Soph

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 9:03pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift

Oh Soph, reader of all news websites, is there a possibility of furnishing us with links? Pretty pwease?

mp xxx

LOL, I don't usually read them or anything, what do you take me for lol. I wouldn't like to miss out on any Stephen Fry gossip, I mean news.

Here you are:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11355.....floor.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/20.....ck-in-lift
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2202925.ece

Photobucket

Chris Mac

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 9:18pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
I bet none of the family or friends of the others trapped with Stephen would have believed them when they got home. 'OH YEAH?' So it's good there is photographic evidence.

I once sat for half an hour in a train station cafe in Lincoln chatting with Magnus Magnusson. He had been recording an edition of Mastermind at the Cathedral and seated himself by my table. He was travelling alone and by train.

I'm sure there were some folk who thought I was making it up. They just hit me with a load of 'started so I'll finish' and 'pass' gags!

A very friendly chatty chap was Magnus, but it was a surreal half hour.

nongenderous

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 9:19pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
Even Gawker reported about the Lift: http://gawker.com/5145895/british-stars-adorable-elevator-flip-out
With the headline: "British Star's Adorable Elevator Flip Out"

TheChainedWolf

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 9:49pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
The story is also being reported in The Independent and The Times. There is also a Facebook group called Rescue Stephen Fry From The Lift.

Soph

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 10:00pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
The story is also being reported in The Independent and The Times. There is also a Facebook group called Rescue Stephen Fry From The Lift.

That is unbelieveable. And seems quite ridiculous, even to me. Is it really news ? I mean it's news to me but anything Fry related is of interest to me.

I wonder if Stephen knew he would attract so much attention from this. X-D

Photobucket

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 10:00pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
and I still feel like I have missed an important EVENT, not been on twitter for #frylift

Same here

If I were stuck with him, I'd suggest we huddle together for warmth. Even if we were in the desert, I'd suggest it

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Firlefanz

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 10:02pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
Is it news? No.
Is it a way to attract readers, because everyone will want to know about it? Yes.

AlmightyNaji

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 10:11pm Post subject: Stephen and the Lift
LMAO!!!
All these news stories because dear Mr. Fry got stuck in a lift? X-D
Slow news day perhaps...?