Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Jul 7th, 2007 11:23pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
Hey guys have you heard about this new program Stephen Fry will be doing, Stephen Fry: HIV and Me. It will be another documentry like The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive. He will talk to some celebs about HIV and take a test himself. It will be on in the Autumn on BBC2. I got this info from The Sun.

seasun545

Posted Sat Jul 7th, 2007 11:45pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
Hi lauz-ma
I heard about this documentary on the Parkinson show with Stephen and George Michael. Looks like they both were working together..., maybe some kind of documentary as TSLOMD with Stephen interviewing another celebrities and George is one of them....hope so, sounds interesting... Hope as soon as it´s aired someone post it in youtube, no other way I can see it, damn!!!!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 1:12pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
Oh right i must have missed that part of the interview, yeah i hope it's on youtube just incase i miss it

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jul 8th, 2007 8:39pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
It's also been discussed in the Stephen's a Busy Boy thread posted by Fryphile. It's worth checking out because it links to an article and mentions two other documentaries Stephen will be filming.

Assuming direct control...

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 4:38pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HhLHKs9kmAE&mode=user&search=

Don't know if this has been posted already.

ClareBear

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 8:29pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
It hasn't, so thanks. I'm sure a HIV & Me section will go up at some point like we've got with SLOTMD.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 8:39pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HhLHKs9kmAE&mode=user&search=

Don't know if this has been posted already.

The video in question is now unavailable. What was it and can you find another link?

ClareBear

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 8:55pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
Odd, the BBC put it up. It's still open in another tab.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 9:14pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
I can see it. This one looks like it's going to be as bumpy and emotional a ride as TSLOFTMD was.

Assuming direct control...

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 10:43pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
John, the video still works for me. That's odd. It's a preview of the HIV and Me documentary. It shows Stephen visiting a hospital and having an HIV test. He talks about how he visited a lot of people there in the 80s and 90s and how all of them have now passed away.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Jul 22nd, 2007 9:57am Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
Seriously, every time I click on the link I get "This video is unavailable". Tried searching fro 'stephen fry hiv' and got no results. What to do?

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sun Jul 22nd, 2007 12:49pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
Here's a rough transcript:

Stephen: I came here, to the Middlesex Hospital, many times in the late 80s, and through the early 90s, to visit friends who… who were lying in beds here… or often dying. Every one of the people I came to visit is now dead.

Montage of Stephen reading about AIDS and talking to people. Cut to a hospital consultant room.

Stephen: So, are you going to take my blood from my wrist, or my-

Doctor: Yeah, I’ll do it-

Stephen: Where from?

Doctor: From… it’s going to be from the end of the finger.

Stephen: Oh right.

Doctor: There’s some here. Ok, so a very, very small jab.

Stephen: Ooh… ow! That’s amazing! So you can do this test in fifteen minutes and you’ll be able to tell me whether I’m HIV positive?

Cut to close-up of Stephen standing in the street.

Stephen: What I want to know, what I really, really want to know is just exactly who the high-risk groups are now, if there are any.

Cut to close-up of passer-by (I guess).

Passer-by: You can’t tell me to have sex with a condom when I was sleeping with my own wife. Even though he may know that’s he’s been sleeping around with other people, he doesn’t think of the next person.

Cut to street scene.

Girl: Yeah, I’ve got it, I’m a teenager. I’m normal, I was born with it.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Jul 22nd, 2007 12:55pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
Thank you very much. I guess this promises to be in the same style as SLOTMD, which is a good thing.

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sun Jul 22nd, 2007 12:59pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
It does look very powerful; certainly in the same vein as SLOTMD.

Here are a few screencaps:

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sun Jul 22nd, 2007 1:00pm Post subject: Stephen Fry: HIV and Me
I hope there's a DVD release of his health-related documentaries. It would be a shame to lose such a powerful couple of broadcasts.