Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 10:48pm Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
I know- but their second album was rubbish. I like listening to them when I'm depressed because they put me into an even darker hole.... happy happy.
But other than them there is no modern artist or band that I like although Donny Osmond recently released a new album, but I don't suppose he counts?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 10:53pm Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
thats not entirely odd... my sister is 17 and loves queen, jazz and ella fitzgerald et all the old crooners.... she still loves all modern music but she incorporates old music too. are you saying that ALL modern music is bad?!

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 10:58pm Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
No no no, I'm not saying ALL modern music is bad... I'm saying 99.7% of it is bad.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 11:04pm Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
I wouldnt go presuming that 99.7% of Modern music is bad, because there is no way you could have heard it all. what do you consider modern music? anything after a certain date? or a specific genre?
For you to say that, is like me saying all music pre-1985 is crap or all *insert any random genre* is crap because any that Ive heard I didnt enjoy. I dont like pop/dance/hiphop/rap music in general... but I like one or two individual songs from them genres.

Aoibheann

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 11:11pm Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
Amen saz

personally, i ADORE ALL music... theres no genre left unturned by my consenting eardrums....

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 11:18pm Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
I wouldnt go presuming that 99.7% of Modern music is bad, because there is no way you could have heard it all. what do you consider modern music? anything after a certain date? or a specific genre?
For you to say that, is like me saying all music pre-1985 is crap or all *insert any random genre* is crap because any that Ive heard I didnt enjoy. I dont like pop/dance/hiphop/rap music in general... but I like one or two individual songs from them genres.

Yes I suppose I do agree with that for logical reasons... but from what I've been hearing- all the stuff that is in the charts etc is rubbish and I can't be bothered to delve into the underground backstreet music to find anything more to my taste- although I did by Weird Al's latest album.

Aoibheann

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 11:22pm Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
weird al doesnt really count tho, he does comedy music. not the same.

funny fella tho

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 11:27pm Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
Well I never listen to the charts, I dont have a clue what is number 1 or anything... they tend to be shit. I am more of a look around and search for good stuff kinda person. You wont get anywere in this world if you dont put abit of effort in boff.... there could be fantastic music out there that you wont ever here cos you've written it off

all my favs wouldnt be seen in general Irish or english charts....

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 1:12am Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
If you want good music, I'd recommend Thirteen Senses. Give them a listen.

Can't see what this has to do with Stephen in Doncaster or anywhere else, but oh well. I wonder if he knows about TS? Anyone know his favourite music?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 1:16am Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
hahaha sorry the conversation kinda evolved into this... interesting though, Ive never heard him say much about music. Actually, he mentioned the classics Mozart et al on shrink rap....?

Aoibheann

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 1:41am Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
in moab he mentions music quite a bit... that sixties band.... with the funny name.. cant for the life of me remember...!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 1:53am Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band?

Aoibheann

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 1:59am Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
haha, knew it had dog in the title! mad stuff...

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 2:02am Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
How many have you had to drink my dear...? LOL

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 2:06am Post subject: Stephen Fry in Doncaster
who me?

2 cans and i'm ripped an i got one left

pictures to come when i got the rest of the thing sussed ie the make up and jewellry whatever

Em (my friend from college) is going to do the make up so we might have a trial run tom) got to get it right