Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Tue Oct 7th, 2008 6:52pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
I can't believe it myself but... Stephen Fry is to be a team captain on Never Mind the Buzzcocks on Thursday at 9pm on BBC 2, replacing Bill Bailey. It could well be car crash television but I'm sure you're all like me, and would relish the chance to see it.

Soph

Posted Tue Oct 7th, 2008 7:05pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
Oh really ?! How exciting. xD

I'm sure it will be very entertaining television. But what about when he has to 'perform' guess the tune, (as I'm calling it) to the other panelist. I'm sorry but that could go all badly wrong.

Photobucket

ClareBear

Posted Tue Oct 7th, 2008 7:07pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
I forgot about that. Epic.

CollectorManiac

Posted Tue Oct 7th, 2008 9:07pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
oh goodness yes, the intros round could be beyond cringeworthy =S
but still, any stephen is good stephen =D

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 8th, 2008 3:58pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
Does that mean the tv guide I was reading today is wrong? It says he's going to 'host' the episode rather than be a pannelist. If he's a pannelist then part of my brain is going why does he keep putting himself in singing/dancing situations when he hates doing those things so much?! I won't be in tomorrow night anyway, I'm going to the theatre to see South Pacific so I'd have to catch it on repeat or on youtube or on-demand or something.

Assuming direct control...

WhyGenTom

Posted Thu Oct 9th, 2008 8:49pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
Does that mean the tv guide I was reading today is wrong? It says he's going to 'host' the episode rather than be a pannelist. If he's a pannelist then part of my brain is going why does he keep putting himself in singing/dancing situations when he hates doing those things so much?! I won't be in tomorrow night anyway, I'm going to the theatre to see South Pacific so I'd have to catch it on repeat or on youtube or on-demand or something.

No, the host is Simon Amstell and unless he takes a shine to Mr Fry then he probably won't make life to easy for him. His roll is team captain so he'll be well in the thick of it.

I predict a 30minute cringe-fest... similar to his one and only hoedown from Whose Line Is It Anyway? 10 years ago lol.

fryfan20

Posted Thu Oct 9th, 2008 10:09pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
oh poor Stephen, it was like mock Stephen day there.
I never was really a fan of the show but now I really don't like it.
who does this little brat think he is !

Stephen was very good and nice about it, as always.

I am what I am

Soph

Posted Thu Oct 9th, 2008 10:15pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
^I know, poor Stephen. I don't think he minded much.

I predict a 30minute cringe-fest... similar to his one and only hoedown from Whose Line Is It Anyway? 10 years ago lol.
I'm sorry to correct you but he's taken part in a few hoedowns, including the radio version. All equally cringe worthy nonetheless.

Talking about cringe worthy moments, Stephen on Buzzcocks. xD It was cute seeing him participate though, he tried his little heart out.
Gosh, he did dig himself deep at one point, very amusing. I loved the theme at the end. ; ]

Photobucket

Granados

Posted Fri Oct 10th, 2008 11:40am Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
I actually don't think it was very mocking of Stephen. The fact that Simon (the host) had to read from the queue cards to offer his intellectual anecdotes was more mocking himself. There were areas (like the intro's round) where Simon could have let-rip on Stephen, but he didn't.

I tend to watch this show, and I agree it can be very cruel, but Simon was quite clearly respectful of Stephen. If the only mocking comment I receive in life is that I'm 'quite interesting' and have an intellect, well...I think I'll be happy.

Personally, I believe Stephen receives worse from Phil Jupitus on QI, but that too is in good spirit.

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Oct 10th, 2008 5:59pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
I've not watched the program nor have I seen many episodes but I do recall he and John Barrowman had quite a banter back and forth if you want to call it that.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

WhyGenTom

Posted Fri Oct 10th, 2008 6:20pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
^I know, poor Stephen. I don't think he minded much.

I'm sorry to correct you but he's taken part in a few hoedowns, including the radio version. All equally cringe worthy nonetheless.

Talking about cringe worthy moments, Stephen on Buzzcocks. xD It was cute seeing him participate though, he tried his little heart out.
Gosh, he did dig himself deep at one point, very amusing. I loved the theme at the end. ; ]

Ah my mistake... Have only seen the one where he declares his love for the fabulous Richard Vranch haha.

I don't think it's fair whoever said Simon tried to pick on him... it was just the kind of sarcastic, piss-take banter that makes the show and I think Stephen knew what he was in for when he agreed to it, same as Bill Bailey got every week I suppose haha. All in all i think he came through it with his dignity in tact! Very entertaining show.

fryfan20

Posted Fri Oct 10th, 2008 6:28pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
I guess I am a bit over-sensitive about this.
I just can't stand people who make fun of others especially in the name of comedy. It is cheap and you can really hurt someone with it.

I do think Stephen can take it and he probably didn't mind it at all.

I am what I am

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Oct 11th, 2008 1:07am Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
ok I've seen it now and its just the kind of banter that comes with the show.

stephen seemed to be enjoying himself save the singing bit.

phil with his pipe...riot!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Desdemona

Posted Sat Oct 11th, 2008 2:52am Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
I've not watched the program nor have I seen many episodes but I do recall he and John Barrowman had quite a banter back and forth if you want to call it that.
The 'Gay off' ?
That was a brilliant episode.

It is only to be expected that when one enters a quiz show like that, then one will be picked on a tad. I think Mr Fry knew what he was doing, some of the time anyway.

Skip Life and come with me?

Brasselfrat

Posted Sat Oct 11th, 2008 8:11pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on Never Mind The Buzzcocks...
To be fair they didn't just pick on good Mr Fry though did they?