Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 12:55pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
Hugh's appearence on Saturday Night Live is being rebroadcast this weekend, which made me think, I think we need to start a campaign to get Stephen on Saturday Night Live. Any takers? I think we should start e-mailing, writing and calling the NBC Studio in New York and letting them know that we would like to see Mr. Fry hosting their show. I do know that many of you here are from Great Britain, but there is always You Tube. If I had Fry Power I would Tweet this idea to the world, but unfortunately I only have a few followers. X-D So what do you think, fellow Fry lovers?

In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit a selfish motive. :-// I live close enough to NY City that if I knew when tickets went on sale that Mr. Fry was going to be there on a certain date I would be the first in line. X-D Anyone want to go with me?

PamJH

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 3:03pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
I think that's a great idea and I would park my keester in front of the tube hours ahead of the show just so I don't miss any commercials for it.

But you know what the trouble is? Most people in the U.S. have no clue who he is. If I mention his name to people (when talking about actors or comedians or authors) they give me a clueless expression. If I mention Jeeves and Wooster, it might dawn on some of them.

Hey, I'd be willing to join an email or writing campaign, but it probably wouldn't do much good. Now, if Stephen had a role in one of the Harry Potter movies or was going to appear in a soon-to-be-released blockbuster, we'd might have a chance. But, you never know.

I'd go with you if I lived in Jersey. But I'm here in the Michigan hinterlands so you'll have to let us know how wonderful the show is when it finally happens.
Pam

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 4:59pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
I soooo want this to happen too, but like Pam said, I'm not sure if American audiences will recognize him. Doing Bones will help some, as will the In America series. Has that even been shown on US TVs?

I'd very muck like to see him act again. All these documentaries are excellent and everything, but Stephen is a tremendous actor with plenty of emotion and range. So anything that allows that part of his multitudinous talents to blossom, I'm all for it.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

gjhsu

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 5:22pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
I'd prefer to see Stephen on SNL when they hire some decent writers.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 8:12pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
Well, I have just sent off an e-mail to NBC suggesting they invite Mr. Fry on as a guest host. I do understand, gjhsu, what you mean about the writing. But I think that Stephen could actually smart up (?) ( what is the opposite of dumb down? X-D ) the show. I actually do not watch the show at all, unless Hugh Laurie is on. And of course I will now add or Stephen Fry. I also checked on tickets, and I see that you cannot order tickets for a particular show, so even if we do know when Mr. Fry is on, the only way we can get tickets is to be at the studio at pre-dawn on the day of the show. C'mon guys, it will be fun.

Wow, just re-read my first post and there are spelling and grammar errors galore. Sure hope Mr. Fry doesn't see this. Well, I was still having my first cup of coffee when I wrote that, yeah that's the reason.

PamJH

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 11:49pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?

Well, we'll write for him. I think we're all quite amusing as well as quite interesting. Hey, Fryphile's captions ought to at least get our feet in the door.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 4:23am Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?

Well, we'll write for him. I think we're all quite amusing as well as quite interesting. Hey, Fryphile's captions ought to at least get our feet in the door.

SCENE:

Stephen showering.

Yeah, this could work.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 4:50am Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?

SCENE:

Stephen showering.

Yeah, this could work.

Then I want the bit part of trusty valet. Where are the towels?

Katrina

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 7:28am Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?

SCENE:

Stephen showering.

Yeah, this could work.

I WOULD BE IN THE CAR TOMORROW IF THAT WERE THE CASE! You think I'm kidding. I'm not. Seriously though, I'd be there.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 12:45pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
Fryphile, Pam, and Boiler I am shocked, Stephen is more than just a boy toy, you know. X-D X-D

Actually, I am not shocked at you at all, Fryphile. X-D

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 4:15pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
Well, my sister has just sent an e-mail to NBC. It's alright, I will call lher tonight and tell her. X-D I just had another fantastic idea, wouldn't it be wonderful if Eric Clapton were the musical guest the week Stephen hosts. It would definitely be the best show ever. I think my father will have to suggest that when he e-mails them on Monday (it's alright he is 80 years old and only checks his e-mails once a week so he will never notice if NBC e-mails him back X-D ).

PamJH

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 6:47pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
Well, my sister has just sent an e-mail to NBC. It's alright, I will call lher tonight and tell her. X-D I just had another fantastic idea, wouldn't it be wonderful if Eric Clapton were the musical guest the week Stephen hosts. It would definitely be the best show ever. I think my father will have to suggest that when he e-mails them on Monday (it's alright he is 80 years old and only checks his e-mails once a week so he will never notice if NBC e-mails him back X-D ).

Eric Clapton! I love that guy. You can tell it's his guitar work after just a few measures. I've been listening to his stuff for years.

And Ginj, of course he's more than a boy toy. He's our muse, conversation partner, eye candy, teddy bear, comedian, movie star...I could go on and on.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 20th, 2009 10:45pm Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
Eric Clapton! I love that guy. You can tell it's his guitar work after just a few measures. I've been listening to his stuff for years.
Mm, listening to him now. Yes, you can tell it is him after only a few bars. He has a very special touch. My second favorite guitarist, Carlos Santana, also has a very unique/distinguishable style.

Although thinking about this further I suppose my choice for musical guest should have been Band from TV.

, of course he's more than a boy toy. He's our muse, conversation partner, eye candy, teddy bear, comedian, movie star...I could go on and on.
That's more like it... I think. X-D

PamJH

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 2:46am Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
I'll try emailing NBC, too. Can't hurt. Is he out of the shower yet?

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 3:26am Post subject: Stephen Fry on SNL?
I'll try emailing NBC, too. Can't hurt. Is he out of the shower yet?

Enter HUGH

Naw, it's gonna be awhile.