Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Sep 29th, 2007 11:42am Post subject: Stephen Fry Weekend Part 2!!! It's now!!!! This weekend!!!
Full BBC2 listings for tonight.

8:00 pm Who Do You Think You Are?
Stephen Fry looks into his family tree. [AD,S] Part of the Stephen Fry Weekend.

9:00 pm Blackadder Goes Forth
Plan C - Major Star: October - Revolution in Moscow produces a cease-fire by Russia, an offensive by Germany and a Charlie Chaplin impression by Baldrick. [S] Part of the Stephen Fry Weekend.

9:30 pm Stephen Fry: Guilty Pleasures
Stephen Fry reveals the things in life he considers his guiltiest pleasures including darts, Georgette Heyer novels and Countdown. Some strong language. [S] Part of the Stephen Fry Weekend.

10:00 pm Room 101
Paul Merton welcomes Stephen Fry onto Room 101 and invites him to banish some of his pet hates. [S] Part of the Stephen Fry Weekend.

10:30 pm QI
Electricity: QI Master Stephen Fry evinces intriguing responses from his guests Jo Brand, Rich Hall, Sean Lock and Alan Davies. Adult humour. [S] Part of the Stephen Fry Weekend.

Then tomorrow night on BBC2:

9:00 pmStephen Fry: 50 Not Out
Exploring the career and many dimensions of comedian, actor, director, writer, presenter and documentary maker, Stephen Fry. [AD,S]

Also tomorrow night on Radio 4:

21:00
Radio 4, This Is Your Life
Stephen Fry and Matt Lucas host an irreverent romp through Radio 4's broadcasting history, recorded in front of an audience in the Radio Theatre. Featured performers include Sue Perkins, Michael Fenton Stevens, Dave Lamb and Richie Webb.

Let's not forget what's on BBC2 this Tuesday either:

9:00 pmStephen Fry: HIV and Me
Stephen Fry sets out to examine the world of HIV and AIDS and, horrified by the latest figures, look at how it came to fall off our radar and who is most at risk today. [AD,S]

Buy this week's Radio Times. There's pictures of Stephen Fry everywhere hidden all over the issue.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Sep 29th, 2007 12:08pm Post subject: Stephen Fry Weekend Part 2!!! It's now!!!! This weekend!!!
As we already have a Room 101 thread, courtesy of amyl, how about a Guilty one, containing stuff we'd put in Room Lovely if only we didn't feel a little bit embarrassed by it?

shatzi

Posted Sun Sep 30th, 2007 3:16am Post subject: Stephen Fry Weekend Part 2!!! It's now!!!! This weekend!!!
A guilty room, sounds great!
We don't have a Fry weekend here

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Sep 30th, 2007 4:00am Post subject: Stephen Fry Weekend Part 2!!! It's now!!!! This weekend!!!
steed, i was just thinking that yesterday!!
but i didn't do it, because i wasn't sure if i could spill all my beans.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Sep 30th, 2007 10:43am Post subject: Stephen Fry Weekend Part 2!!! It's now!!!! This weekend!!!
I can't think of anything I'd put in a Room Guilty. I don't feel embarrassed about anything I like.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Oct 1st, 2007 6:41pm Post subject: Stephen Fry Weekend Part 2!!! It's now!!!! This weekend!!!
Did any one else listen to Radio4 last night? I thought it was brilliant, i din't think i would like Matt Lucas on there but he was really good. Best part of the show, Stephen calling Martin Jarvis a "tart", and Martin replying with "go away and drink a cup of Twinings"

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Oct 1st, 2007 7:42pm Post subject: Stephen Fry Weekend Part 2!!! It's now!!!! This weekend!!!
I haven't listened to that yet. I'm going to listen to it on the listen again player.