Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Paul Heise

Posted Sat Jun 4th, 2011 8:18am Post subject: Stephen Fry's fascination with Wagner: possible clue found at www.wagnerheim.com

Dear Stephen:

Thanks to your documentary "Wagner and Me," I now recognize you as a fellow-traveller in Wagnerheim.

You will be interested to learn that the product of my 40 years' quest to grasp the conceptual and dramatic unity of Wagner's "Ring" and his other canonical operas and music dramas, "The Wound That Will Never Heal," is introduced by Dr. Roger Scruton at http://www.wagnerheim.com. This is by far the most comprehensive effort yet undertaken to grasp the mystery of Wagner's "Ring" within one universal frame of reference. My life's work, thanks to Dr. Scruton, has been posted there as a free resource for all those interested in Wagner's sublime art.

Dr. Scruton also introduces Paul Heise's new website in an article entitled "The Ring of Truth," which appears in the May issue of The American Spectator, and which can now be read free online. All of Dr. Scruton's past articles published by The American Spectator are archived there under "The Pursuit of Knowledge."

Stephen, I recognize you get tens of thousands of posts here, but I would very much like, should your available time and inclination allow, for you to visit http://www.wagnerheim.com at some point, to join its discussion forum to address any questions or controversies re Wagner you may have, and to hear your perspective on its presentation and arguments.

Therefore I remain,

Your friend from Wagnerheim,

Paul Heise

acarpent

Posted Sat Jun 11th, 2011 1:40pm Post subject: Stephen Fry's fascination with Wagner: possible clue found at www.wagnerheim.com

Dear Stephen
Paul Heisse's website is fantastic. On the back of his post I have shamelessly frivolous request. If you get the chance with the "Dambuster" people , can you suggest using the Rienzi overture for flight , particularly take-off sequence. Everytime it suggests to me a plane at first earthbound, then gradually accelerating to lift off, followed by soaring flight. The trumpet is apparently the war call of the Colonna family. Maybe "Wagner soundtrack" is tiresome after Apocalypse Now, but anything to get people hooked,
cheers
Adam