Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Will_Read

Posted Tue Apr 10th, 2007 5:55pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
That Stephen chap must be recording the last Harry Potter book by now, it gets released at the same time as the book. Which obviously means that he's going to be one of the first to read the final copy before release.

Lucky bugger!

boffinbabe12

Posted Tue Apr 10th, 2007 6:34pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
That can't be right!

Terri

Posted Tue Apr 10th, 2007 6:48pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
And yet entirely right that people with visual difficulty should have access to the book at the same time as everyone else ...
Presumably this means anyone involved in the recording process would know it also

Gravesy

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 1:29pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
Loving the sig Terri, took me a bit to work out where it was from

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 2:10pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
And yet entirely right that people with visual difficulty should have access to the book at the same time as everyone else ...
Presumably this means anyone involved in the recording process would know it also

I didn't know the audio books came out at the same time for Harry Potter. It's good that it does for people who can't read the paper books.

Lucky Stephen he won't have to worry about people spoiling the ending for him. He'll know before the rest of us. I wonder how many people will have read the book before it's publication? mmm.

Assuming direct control...

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 11:16am Post subject: Stephen & Harry
OH MY GOSH! This entire thread makes sense to me now! I thought we were talking about the film and assumed that he must have a part in it or something!

MerryMary

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 4:25am Post subject: Stephen & Harry
Poor Stephen! How many words would one imagine he reads, as the books are all a million pages long?
After all that, I suppose he ( and his exhausted mouth) would want a few months off in a yurt somewhere....

jemmo

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 10:33am Post subject: Stephen & Harry
I wonder how long it takes him, on average, to record one of the Harry Potter books ?

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 11:43am Post subject: Stephen & Harry
Well I imagine that he is so skilled that he just reads the book outloud to himself and someone sticks a microphone in his face. It would be quite amusing if the first time he read the book was as he was recording it...

jemmo

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 1:32pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
Well I imagine that he is so skilled that he just reads the book outloud to himself and someone sticks a microphone in his face. It would be quite amusing if the first time he read the book was as he was recording it...

Heh. Nothing would surprise us about our Stephen, would it ?
He is SO talented !

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 2:55pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
I have visual problems. I hope the audio book IS available at the same time as the book because it took me ages to read Half-Blood Prince. I have all of them on CD now.

Soupy Twist

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 3:54pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
I have visual problems. I hope the audio book IS available at the same time as the book because it took me ages to read Half-Blood Prince. I have all of them on CD now.

Amazon.co.uk claims that the audiobook will be released the same day as the book, that is July 21st.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 9:05pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry

Heh. Nothing would surprise us about our Stephen, would it ?
He is SO talented !

I could not agree more, jemmo!

I am afraid that reading the HP books involves more than a microphone being stuck in his face X-D ... Please follow the link below! A gem! And it should shed some light on how he tackles this phenomenal task
http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/your/extra/stephen_fry_interview.shtml

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 2:18pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
Thanks for the link, Gerti, really interesting. I imagine that audiobooks are taped like classical music or films, with a lot of takes and edits.

Gravesy

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 4:16pm Post subject: Stephen & Harry
It's not so much that Stephen got to see an advance copy of the book. Stephen's almighty godliness means that he already knew the contents of the book before JK Rowling did.

Here endeth the lesson.