Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Emma18

Posted Sun May 20th, 2007 11:55pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
I know what you mean John..Stephen seemed so perfectly coherent, whereas in contrast George Michael could barely say a sentence without pausing or going 'errrrr' I mean don't get me wrong, he's ok..just very annoying at times.
MY GOD STEPHEN IS SO PERFECT

Britannicus

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 12:00am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
I didn't pick up on any annoying behavior from George Michael... He did have some good things to say though. Good interview!

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Emma18

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 12:53am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Hmm, maybe is because im not much of a fan, so I am biased. Also, I think because Stephen was on I was rather focused X-D I made sure that there were no interruptions during his part of the interview...an earthquake wouldn't have shifted me from my seat

smartnsweet1

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 7:05am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Those of us west of the pond could only watch snippets on YouTube, alas. I must say that I was awestruck at Stephen's spot-on American accent. We're all used to Hugh Laurie getting praise for his Murrkin, but Steven not only had the accent down, but the rhythm and tone. Kewl! C'mon, "Steve", do a role on House in addition to your gig on Bones. How 'bout a "Sybil" thing so you can pop in and out of accents and confuse Hugh...

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 1:49pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
There wasn't enough talk with Stephen!

bootedhaha

Posted Tue May 22nd, 2007 4:43pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Watched Parkinson only because Stephen was on it (not a stalker, just overwhelmed by the intellect and humour of this man....). Did Joan make him blush or was it just the contrast on my TV? Mr Fry should have been allowed more time, although a common factor with the three guests was their thoughts on suicide. Very sad that such brilliant minds should have been tortured like that ,but wonderful that they are so open about it and seem so much happier now. Joan quoted Churchill - can anyone remind me of that quote please?

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Tue May 22nd, 2007 6:04pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Joan quoted Churchill - can anyone remind me of that quote please?

When you´re walking through hell, walk faster.

BTW, did anyone pay attention to Stephen´s socks, Quite Interesting to say the least (if my eyes did not betray me yet again, all I can say is... )

bootedhaha

Posted Tue May 22nd, 2007 6:14pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Joan quoted Churchill - can anyone remind me of that quote please?

When you´re walking through hell, walk faster.

Thank you.

Bet

Posted Wed May 23rd, 2007 9:30pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
I thought Stephen was very patient with him. George Michael succeeded in sounding bitter and slightly pathetic. I wanted him to shut up too but he made Stephen seem very serene and wise. Always a delight to hear Stephen Fry talk ,even if we have to put up with irritating guests.

Secret Princess

Posted Wed May 23rd, 2007 10:23pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Stephen seemed to listen very intently to Joan, and looked ever so slightly glazed when George was talking...I don't like that man...

dumbledore

Posted Tue May 29th, 2007 11:45pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Agree with a lot of what's already been said about Parkinson. George Michael was a complete prat and Joan Rivers, was very funny even though I kept looking at her thinking "What in the name of Christ has she had done to her face!!!"

Stephen as expected was utterly delicious and gorgeous. I just long for someone to interview him without mentioning in the build up to it how clever he is - there is sooo much more to the dear man than that.

Like many others I can only tolerate watching Parkinson when he has someone on I like otherwise I find him too pompous.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 6:40pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Good interview. He looks really well bless him. George Micheal annoyed me by talking during stephens time, he also interupted stephen and then took hours to string together a sentence!

Just watching BAFTAS- QI lost to Johnathan Ross- PANTS! Why is QI overlooked its such a good show!

Grrr I know! I like J. Ross but I thought QI should have won. It's so much better than anything else on tv at the moment.

Watched Parkinson only because Stephen was on it (not a stalker, just overwhelmed by the intellect and humour of this man....). Did Joan make him blush or was it just the contrast on my TV? Mr Fry should have been allowed more time, although a common factor with the three guests was their thoughts on suicide. Very sad that such brilliant minds should have been tortured like that ,but wonderful that they are so open about it and seem so much happier now. Joan quoted Churchill - can anyone remind me of that quote please?

Stephen seemed happy and contented in this somehow. Very relaxed. He looked good too. Interesting combination of guests with their experiences of depression - something that Parkinson couldn't seem to understand or get a grip on, that depression isn't down to whether you're successful in life or not or that something bad has happened that day.

Assuming direct control...

melampus

Posted Mon Jul 30th, 2007 5:07am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Dear peoples,

Is the Parkinson featuring Stephen et al. the series that started with Dr Who/David Tennant? If so, Australian viewers are warned -- the new series started on Saturday so we might be needing to set our VCRs (how old skool of me) in the near future.

Please confirm...? And sorry if this message is garbled; I am still recovering from the Tour de France (on WAY PAST MY BEDTIME in this country).

Ta muchly

ClareBear

Posted Mon Jul 30th, 2007 9:49am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Yes it was.

melampus

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 3:22am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Too cool! Thanks!