Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

melampus

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2007 10:32am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Attention Australians (who haven't already seen Parkinson on YouTube):

Sorry for the late notice but Stephen is on Parky tonight, ABC, about 10:20. Enjoy!

La Niña

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2007 2:09pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
Attention Australians (who haven't already seen Parkinson on YouTube):

Sorry for the late notice but Stephen is on Parky tonight, ABC, about 10:20. Enjoy!

Thanks for the reminder. There was another Parky on 2 weeks ago with Stephen in it and I thought that was the episode you mentioned before. I hope you saw it, it was a good interview!

melampus

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2007 8:56am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
ARGHHGHGH! No, I missed it (the interview two weeks ago). Was it the one from last year, the one that also featured Bette Midler? Let me know and I will search for it on YouTube.

Last night's program was a bit excruciating. I have never felt more inclined to stick out my arm, reach into the tv and gently rip off George Michael's head.

The juxtaposition between someone renowned for their cruelty (Joan Rivers) with someone renowned for their kindness (Stephen Fry) was interesting. I must admit to laughing at/with Joan Rivers, though. Naughty me.... but I'm ugly so I can relate, sort of. :-//

La Niña

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2007 9:34am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
It was the episode with the guy from Dallas. Stephen walks down the stairs in a Queen mother looking hat and flower petals fall out :D.

I alternated between loving and loathing Joan Rivers, rather than George Michael. She was funny and George just seemed to be a bit out of it, not making sense half the time. But is was an uncomfortable show, I have to agree.

melampus

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2007 9:47am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
I saw a very brief glimpse of the 'Queen Mother Hat' on the '50 Not Out' show (via YouTube). I will search tomorrow! Thanks for the tip-off!

Yep, GM was definitely in his own private Idaho. His lack of self-knowledge, or self-awareness, was really glaring. Then at the very end of the show, when he attempted to say something profound about depression to Stephen, he looked almost like he was asking for forgiveness. It was like he was sucking up to Stephen!

Stephen was a lot more relaxed and less fidgety this time round. He seemed very peaceful.

Thanks again!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2007 10:41am Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'
It was the episode with the guy from Dallas. Stephen walks down the stairs in a Queen mother looking hat and flower petals fall out :D.

I've never seen that interview before. Must be a few years old.

Assuming direct control...

La Niña

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2007 4:00pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'

I've never een that interview before. Must be a few years old.

He mentioned that he did the voice over for Hitchiker's Guide so it must of been 2004. I don't think this episode is up on You Tube either, unfortunately.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2007 4:58pm Post subject: Stephen is going on 'Parkinson'

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry