Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

lef

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 1:07pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
From teletext;
No chav cake for Fry-up

At this week's filming of BBC2 quiz show QI host Stephen Fry revealed he'd never heard of famous bakery Greggs.

"What's that? What are you talking about?" he asked when panellist Jimmy Carr joked about its ad campaign.

Carr explained that Greggs is "a chav palace where they run out of the best cakes by 4.30 every day". Fry sighed: "You move in a different world, Jimmy."

Bless! Stephen should definately go there, the pasties taste scrumptious X-D

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 1:20pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
Jimmy also educated him about the Darwin Awards. Perhaps Jimmy is the one who knows everything . . .

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 7:08pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
Greggs - famous ? omnipresent more like (there´s even one in High Wycombe, would you believe it!). The place always struck me as a "fast food bakery".... (in German, "fast" means "almost, nearly" - hence "fast food" = "almost food" - but not quite )... I don´t think Stephen has reason to regret not moving in the same world as JC X-D

But of course, one man´s Greggs pastie is another man´s Imperial Torte

fryfan20

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 7:14pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
a quick respons to the title of this topic, stephen never claims to know everything everybody else does that

I am what I am

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 7:46pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
...and don't forget Jo Brand once had to educate him on what a Primark was! X-D

Greggs = minging. Eurgh! I really really hate Greggs. GO AWAY!! You're everyfuckingwhere!

Assuming direct control...

ClareBear

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 9:26pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
one of the bad things about moving up here....my beloved Baker's Oven gets switched for a Greggs.

nongenderous

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 9:39pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
He didn't know A-Ha were Norwegians. He said they were Swedish on "Guilty".

Britannicus

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 10:06pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
Beer goggles!

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

JSKanga84

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 3:35am Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
But the stuff SF doesn't know about is mostly slang stuff-- things not worthy to occupy his high-class mind.

Skadoo

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 5:46am Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
Beer goggles!

Silly... Stephen only has sherry monocles or the Madeira Pince-Nez

How could he be expected to know beer goggles!?! X-D

Occy

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 7:04am Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
I can't believe he didn't know about the Darwin awards lol

next he'll be saying he doesn't know the onion!!

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 3:14pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
Beer goggles!

That was f*****g hilarious. X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Tourmaline

Posted Sat May 31st, 2008 7:12pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
I can't believe he didn't know about the Darwin awards lol

That really surprised me too

But note that Stephen lives in Norfolk (99% countryside according to my map) and St James, Westminster (not quite your average Greggs target demographic area) so he may be simply miles from the nearest one

Phlizz

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 9:51am Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
Skadoo said: Silly... Stephen only has sherry monocles or the Madeira Pince-Nez

X-D That's hilarious!! I might start using that!

Ahh one day the only shops that will be left are Tesco, Starbucks and Greggs, I'm sure of it (Although I rather like Tesco, I don't admit it often though for the fear of being lynched)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 7:15pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)

Ahh one day the only shops that will be left are Tesco, Starbucks and Greggs, I'm sure of it (Although I rather like Tesco, I don't admit it often though for the fear of being lynched)

...and not one of them I ever go in. I hope your prediction never comes true Phlizz. That would be a scary future.

Assuming direct control...