Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

JSKanga84

Posted Mon Jun 2nd, 2008 3:07am Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
As long as there are people in the world who look for unique/gourmet/authentic stuff, the big companies will never have a monopoly.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Jun 2nd, 2008 4:09pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)

Ahh one day the only shops that will be left are Tesco, Starbucks and Greggs, I'm sure of it (Although I rather like Tesco, I don't admit it often though for the fear of being lynched)

...and not one of them I ever go in. I hope your prediction never comes true Phlizz. That would be a scary future.

Scary future indeed, amyl_nitrate!

In Gerrards Cross, "Big T" intended to build a supermarket over the railway line (!). They built a tunnel, then levelled off the ground for the store and the car park, erected the basic steel structure for the store - and then, in June 2005, part of the tunnel collapsed - luckily no-one was injured. Since then construction works have ground to a halt. When I last visited GX in April, the steel construction was still there - an absolute eyesore

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/103/305665300_c4b0929497.jpg?v=0

That´s what T does to little villages where no-one wanted it anyway :'(
(and no Greggs or McD or Starbucks in sight! )

Phlizz

Posted Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 8:04pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
Ahhh yeah. We used to get complaints at the library when I worked there, as if we could do anything about it! I wonder if Stephen's ever been in a Tesco?! X-D

masquerade

Posted Tue Jun 10th, 2008 5:13pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
I've never heard of Greggs before! There isn't one in Jersey, nor a Tesco (although to my credit I have heard of them!). We do have McDonalds and a KFC though, more's the pity. I think we have something masquerading as a Starbucks at the airport now, but I'm pretty it doesn't do the same stuff as the UK ones. Not that I'm all that bothered about the UK ones either! X-D

Phlizz

Posted Wed Jun 11th, 2008 5:32pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
Jersey has no Tesco or Greggs?! Jersey is Britain right? I mean I can move there with no trouble right? *giggles*

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Jun 13th, 2008 3:21pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
I've never heard of Greggs before! There isn't one in Jersey, nor a Tesco (although to my credit I have heard of them!). We do have McDonalds and a KFC though, more's the pity. I think we have something masquerading as a Starbucks at the airport now, but I'm pretty it doesn't do the same stuff as the UK ones. Not that I'm all that bothered about the UK ones either! X-D

You're not missing much.

Assuming direct control...

gay_panda

Posted Mon Aug 25th, 2008 4:29pm Post subject: Stephen shows he doesn't know everything :)
I don't know if having 2 Greegs and A Baker's Oven ad Three Cooks Bakery in town makes us posh or just really chav-ish.

(Nuneaton - Home of the Double Greggs, Baker's Oven and Three Bakers)