Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 10:45am Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
I have a feeling that people outside the UK might not be able to view this, but hopefully some people can. Stephen is talking about twitter in the clip at the link below, particularly about how he is now careful about giving away his location in case the paps are about, and how helpful all the suggestions were when he had a bat in his house:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7845823.stm

That would be me.

fryfan20

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 11:01am Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
thank you it is to see for the rest of the world also
also stephen said that non of the hughs are real

I am what I am

nongenderous

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 11:36am Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
Don't worry. I could view the marvellous Tweeter insights of Stephen, and I'm not in the UK.

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 12:01pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
Excellent

That would be me.

Occy

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 12:04pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
As can I - but I also have a sudden urge to fly Emirates

gjhsu

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 5:15pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
You guys are fast! I was just about to post this.

Indeed, those outside of the UK can view this. The ones we have most trouble with are those requiring iplayer.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 6:43pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
Aww, bless. He seems to enjoy the attention. Whore

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

gjhsu

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 7:38pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter

I guess the downside of his popularity is the lessening chance of getting a personal reply :'(

Soph

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 8:06pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter

I guess the downside of his popularity is the lessening chance of getting a personal reply :'(

Yes, that's the one and only downside.
Although, I don't take it to heart if I don't get a reply because I know thiers a huge amount of people fighting for his attention.

But don't you only now feel special for being one of 32 thousand that Stephen follows. Now hitting 60 thousand, he doesn''t follow half of his followers.

I do hope he stays on Twitter for a good long while. : ] He's definetely a Twitter addict and I love it. xD

Photobucket

andrealein

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 8:13pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
But don't you only now feel special for being one of 32 thousand that Stephen follows. Now hitting 60 thousand, he doesn''t follow half of his followers.
I definitely would if I were one of you But I started following to late...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 8:14pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter

Recently he's been really good about replying to tweets. There seems more @replies from him than normal. It seems all wossy does is reply to his followers.

I wonder if there's a way to see what number follower you are of Stephen's? If that makes sense. Like, who was first to follow him, 50th, 100th, etc.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

monochromeprincess

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 8:35pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
Aw wow thanks for that interview ggg, I loved it :D. It helps to match up the Stephen we know 'off the telly' and the Stephen on twitter, which I've always had a little trouble doing in my head :D. So cool though.

I wonder if there's a way to see what number follower you are of Stephen's? If that makes sense. Like, who was first to follow him, 50th, 100th, etc.

Indeed! Our vital statistics as his very own Fluffettes :D. Well all of ours must be fairly similar, as we pretty much all leaped on it at the same time, and I imagine (being as we are ensconced in his virtual living room) that we must have been fairly quick out of everyone, though I can't remember how many he had when I joined. Don't suppose anyone mentioned anything when we first started...*heaves out tome of old threads and pours over them meticulously and with a glass of red wine*

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

monochromeprincess

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 8:44pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
Ah ha!

It's crazy. In the span of under 24 hours, he already has well over 3000 followers, and is following some 2900. I'm one of the >3000, but not of the 2900

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3157

so we were (those of us who joined up in the first buzz) in the first 3000 that joined. I guess that many couldn't be off the forum could there? No, that's silly. But then I have no idea how many active users there are on this forum, and there are at least another amount as big as that of lurkers, as this forum has so so many. Maybe they were just over active people already on Twitter.

Hmmm....

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 9:13pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
Found out that Stephen made is first tweet on Oct. 9th at 5:32 am. At 2:22 am the same day, I got the holy "Stephen is now following you on Twitter" email.

monochromeprincess

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 9:21pm Post subject: Stephen talking about twitter
Found out that Stephen made is first tweet on Oct. 9th at 5:32 am. At 2:22 am the same day, I got the holy "Stephen is now following you on Twitter" email.

Lol you saved that one too huh X-D

@dreamingshadow