Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

westerveld

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 2:39pm Post subject: Stephen voted number one person Pub Quiz teams want
HI

A survey has just been released by Dave TV on the top 20 pub quiz questions that stump the pub quiz goers. As part of it the 3,000 respondents were asked who they would have on their pub quiz dream team. I am working for them and thought it might be of interest to see that Stephen was voted the ideal candidate to join a quiz team. Who would you have alongside Stephen?

Respondents of the survey were questioned on the celebrities they consider the ideal candidates to fill a pub quiz team, with trivia host Stephen Fry emerging as favourite (with 44.4%). Stephen was joined by Countdown brainbox Carol Vorderman (38.3%), television news anchor Sir Trevor McDonald (31.8%), and chat show hosts Michael Parkinson (27%) and Jonathan Ross (22%) respectively. Unsurprisingly, those deemed ineffective as quiz contributors were golden couple David and Victoria Beckham (4.8% and 2.7%), supermodel Kate Moss (3.4%) and glamour girl Jordan (5.9%).

Celebrities in general didn’t rate highly on the knowledge credentials; teachers (62%), journalists (53%) and cab drivers (35%), the latter notorious for useless information gathering, were deemed the most worthy career types to include on a team. Languishing in the low IQ stakes alongside celebrities (12.5%) were builders (14.4%) and mechanics (11.3%).

The findings were revealed as Dave launch a new online portal at http://www.joindave.co.uk, with brand new features such as a bar full of pub quizzes, a viewing room containing footage from some of Dave’s best loved shows, and the Davepedia, a fact finding generator filled with catchy quotes and information segments.

ysabella

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 1:02am Post subject: Stephen voted number one person Pub Quiz teams want
It only makes sense that Stephen Fry is the ultimate choice to share a pub quiz. For one thing, he hosts a show all about factoids, and is known to be well-read and intelligent. Two, he just seems like a fun person to have a beer with, smart or no smart.

Who else would I have on my team? Pamela Stephenson.

ClareBear

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 9:00am Post subject: Stephen voted number one person Pub Quiz teams want
I'd have Vic Reeves on a team as well. A hidden fountain of knowledge.

amberzak

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 11:16am Post subject: Stephen voted number one person Pub Quiz teams want
People only want him because they would win. He knows almost everything

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 9:31pm Post subject: Stephen voted number one person Pub Quiz teams want
I'd have Vic Reeves on a team as well. A hidden fountain of knowledge.

I second that.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P