Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

blackadder

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 8:13pm Post subject: Stephen, you must have read my mind!
Hi Stephen,

Isn’t life weird, only last week I posted a topic about the possibility using a lovely little village just north of Market Shipborough for future filming locations and what do you know the very same village appeared in Sunday nights episode,

Because I was born in the beautiful village of Castle Acre I am of course bias towards its history and beauty but there it was in all its glory, the scenes where Peter Kingdom visited the husband who liked to wear woman’s clothes was filmed near the Norman Bailey gate built around 1200ad, the building which was the antique shop was once the village fish and chip shop I remember buying threepence worth of chips (old money) it is now a very good quality restaurant,

As Peter drove through the bailey gate was saw him chatting to Lyle as they drove down a steep hill (Bailey street), its long, narrow and lined either side with beautiful flint built buildings and the bottom of which was a sharp bend which we saw Peter’s car glide round before it crosses a lovely little bridge over the River Nar, another pieced of trivia is that wall at the bottom of that sharp bend once was the impact point of a small schoolboy and his bicycle who sped down the hill not realising his breaks were not working well enough and I still have the scars to prove it,

Later we saw Lyle placing a bet in the bookmakers, that particular building use to be the village Butcher shop for many a year, it was the old fashioned kind which actually had sawdust on the floor and a huge wooden chopping bench where the butcher would disembowel large bits of animals,

Well Stephen, I don’t know how much influence you had with selecting locations but as drama you really came up trumps, everything about the series I’ve see so far is brilliant, please continue using the locations you have picked there is so much untapped scenery it be used in north Norfolk,

Its about time the country woke up are realise how beautiful Norfolk is and what bit has to offer, this one series of Kingdom could single-hand reinvent Norfolk as the place to visit, the last person to do that was a guy with one arm, one eye and a bird called Emma,

You can take the man out of Norfolk but you can't take the Norfolk out of the man.

Terri

Posted Tue May 22nd, 2007 12:51pm Post subject: Stephen, you must have read my mind!
Hi Stephen,
Its about time the country woke up are realise how beautiful Norfolk is and what bit has to offer, this one series of Kingdom could single-hand reinvent Norfolk as the place to visit,

I know your post is directed at Stephen, but can I just ask: is that what you'd really want? I think it's great that Doc Martin is filmed where I spent so much of my childhood, but there's a downside.

On a more positive note - yes, it's a beautiful place, you must be honoured they chose to film there