Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

norbs

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 11:02am Post subject: Stephen's thoughts on Obama.
I would love to hear what Mr Fry thinks of the new President elect Barack Obama. After travelling through the USA, can he see the new president making a difference?

Soupy Twist

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 11:38am Post subject: Stephen's thoughts on Obama.
from what he's posted on Twitter is absolutely thrilled and almost dancing with joy. He is however shocked that the prop 8 in California passed. His tweets should be visible on the main site here, too, but they apparently have not updated.

stephenfryagain

Posted Sun Nov 9th, 2008 6:13am Post subject: Stephen's thoughts on Obama.
they are is you run the mouse over the "club fry" link on the menu bar then click on "Stephen's Twitterings" in th submenu

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Nov 14th, 2008 12:06am Post subject: Stephen's thoughts on Obama.
I'm still high on the election results. University of Chicago is my alma mater, and Barry was our local darling before the media grabbed a hold of his charming self in 2004.

michael

Posted Fri Nov 14th, 2008 3:52pm Post subject: Stephen's thoughts on Obama.
I'm still high on the election results. University of Chicago is my alma mater, and Barry was our local darling before the media grabbed a hold of his charming self in 2004.

got any good stories then?

it's effected my mood too. i keep a chart. you should see the post-election results!!

i love love love chicago. haven't been there enough, but it's prob my favorite city. do you have some favorite places there?

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

AxmxZ

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 5:52pm Post subject: Stephen's thoughts on Obama.

got any good stories then?

Mmm... not really... he's really sweet, really smart, rather pretty, and a big nerd. He had quite a few groupies when he was teaching, even before he was famous. Which tells you that he was smart more than that he was pretty, because the number of groupies at U of C usually correlates directly with how smart kids consider the professor.

Oh, he's actually a very "boring" speaker in real life. I.e. off the podium. Your run of the mill professor. That inspiring oratory, he lifted it from churches. Not his real milieu. I bet he's damn happy to not have to do it anymore. (I had to laugh when he delivered his first address as President-elect, and you could just tell the relief: I can stop this iconic-leader-inspiring-the-masses thing now? Really? Whoot!

i love love love chicago. haven't been there enough, but it's prob my favorite city. do you have some favorite places there?

Hyde Park. Although I haven't been back since the security went up.