Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

KrossX

Posted Sat Feb 26th, 2011 6:30pm Post subject: Stereoscopic Hype

Now there's 3D everywhere. From movies to even wristwatches with stereoscopic display. Watches that can display your email, facebook and twitter updates, and sometimes even the date and time... all in 3D! Even the new smartphones come with dual cameras to take stereoscopic pictures.

It's something that has been pushed really hard in the last years. But I do wonder about the effects from constant usage. I've read articles about 3D technology prone to cause strabismus, specially on childs. Watching a movie every now and then, or even weekly, is one thing. But now, with phones, consoles, TVs and even watches using 3D people will be exposed almost all the time. At least Nintendo and Samsung have already issued their health warnings.

What are your thoughts about it?

Nitro

Posted Tue Mar 1st, 2011 6:18am Post subject: Stereoscopic Hype

I don't think strabismus is all that bad. Some of the hottest male models have that drifty lazy eye thing adn they are HOT super model dudes. Granted, all their health issues are well paid for and they make the big dough, so....anyway...I like the 3D gaming...but i've been a game freak frmom way backalo
I can do the games and moves in 3D, but thats aobut it.

Really? Wow.