Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

dexter vandango

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 9:49am Post subject: Such Courage!
Just saw the series here in Denmark.

Astonished that Stephen could find the conjones los huevos to enter a coal mine (I'm his size and probably equally claustrophobic), he hot air ballooned (I'm acrophobic as well), visited a cadaver farm (squeamish and girly.)

But when he found the nads to give the short speech to the glittering gathering of botoxed Republican bitches and bastards in Houston, my admiration for the fearless Mr. Fry doubled.

The only challenge left for him is to star in the Benny Hill story.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 2:43pm Post subject: Such Courage!
But when he found the nads to give the short speech to the glittering gathering of botoxed Republican bitches and bastards in Houston, my admiration for the fearless Mr. Fry doubled.

I have the dvd, did he say the Houston function republican? We're not all republicans here in Texas, no sir not anymore, in fact we democrats even go out in public now.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

dexter vandango

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 2:50pm Post subject: Such Courage!
[/i]

I have the dvd, did he say the Houston function was a republican function? You know Dexter, we're not all republicans down here in Texas.

You're probably right, Tobias.

I assumed all the wax museum types were Republicans. Except for the liberals in Hollywood the rest of us can't afford all that appalling plastic work.

dexter vandango

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 3:02pm Post subject: Such Courage!
Oh balls.. Yes, I know.. cojones not conjones..

PamJH

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 10:36pm Post subject: Such Courage!

I have the dvd, did he say the Houston function republican? We're not all republicans here in Texas, no sir not anymore, in fact we democrats even go out in public now.

What? Democrats in public in Texas? Why, you varmint! I challenge you to a duel! Rick Perry will be my second.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Jan 26th, 2009 11:59pm Post subject: Such Courage!

Rick Perry will be my second.

I accept that challenge, though I won't be taking aim at you. For me to convey to you my true feeling about Dick Perry we would probably need to move this over to the swearing thread, so I'll just post this to save us all the trouble:
http://impeachperry.indytexans.org/tenreasons.php

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 12:18am Post subject: Such Courage!

Rick Perry will be my second.

I accept that challenge, though I won't be taking aim at you. For me to convey to you my true feeling about Dick Perry we would probably need to move this over to the swearing thread, so I'll just post this to save us all the trouble:
http://impeachperry.indytexans.org/tenreasons.php

The HPV item made news here, right in my own newspaper.

What is his reason for all the vetos? Petulance? Was he thwarted as a child?

What is this Trans-Texas thingummy? Do you think the people of Texas can afford it or will stand for the domain law? Texans are about as independent as you can get: that's why I want to live there someday.

You can send me a message about these questions so we don't clog up the thread if you like. If not, I'll steal my brother-in-law's issues of Texas Monthly and educate my little ole self.

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 1:41am Post subject: Such Courage!

What is this Trans-Texas thingummy? Do you think the people of Texas can afford it or will stand for the domain law? Texans are about as independent as you can get: that's why I want to live there someday.

You can send me a message about these questions so we don't clog up the thread if you like. If not, I'll steal my brother-in-law's issues of Texas Monthly and educate my little ole self.

It's been referred to as the Nafta SuperHighway down here, essentially linking Mexico the US and Canada. Ridiculously wide so as to accommodating cars, trucks and rail. They've estimated the amount of land needed is something like 500,000 acres over 4000 miles of Texas farmland. If the government attempts to apply eminent domain down here I don't know what will happen, but it won't be good, a very serious problem.

If you want to be a Texan some day you had better start practicing now! X-D
http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/americanvarieties/texan/drawl/

Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 1:54am Post subject: Such Courage!
Just saw the series here in Denmark.

Astonished that Stephen could find the conjones los huevos to enter a coal mine (I'm his size and probably equally claustrophobic), he hot air ballooned (I'm acrophobic as well), visited a cadaver farm (squeamish and girly.)

The only challenge left for him is to star in the Benny Hill story.

There wouldn't happen to be a link to this, would there be possibly do you think?

The Oracle

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 1:08am Post subject: Such Courage!
I enjoyed this show and was very interested in it as me and Mr.C are travelling across America later in the year. Of course we are not doing a la Fry but we will be going to a lot of places.

I'm looking forward to it a lot. Paul Merton did one on China the same time as we went there 2007 but again we did not venture where he did.

PamJH

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 1:23am Post subject: Such Courage!
I enjoyed this show and was very interested in it as me and Mr.C are travelling across America later in the year. Of course we are not doing a la Fry but we will be going to a lot of places.

I'm looking forward to it a lot. Paul Merton did one on China the same time as we went there 2007 but again we did not venture where he did.

Where will you travel in America? Maybe some of us can give you some tips about places to visit.

The Oracle

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 2:10am Post subject: Such Courage!
I know our 1st stop is New York and our final stop is LA and San Fransisco with lots of stops in between but I keep forgetting (I have a memory problem, years of treatment). When I remember I will get the list out and reel off a few, it would be nice to hear your opinions.

At the moment I' looking forward to our trip to Cyprus, Mr.C and I are going for a long deserved rest. We are going to relax and swim and eat (well carefully for me unfortunately ) and go exploring. I like history so I should be ok there, you can't help tripping over historical things in the Mediterranean there is so much of it.

Where are you ?

The Oracle

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 2:13am Post subject: Such Courage!
Oops sorry about the .........Where are you?........sounded a bit rude of course I knew and if I didn't I could look. :-//

PamJH

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 5:30am Post subject: Such Courage!
I know our 1st stop is New York and our final stop is LA and San Fransisco with lots of stops in between but I keep forgetting (I have a memory problem, years of treatment). When I remember I will get the list out and reel off a few, it would be nice to hear your opinions.

At the moment I' looking forward to our trip to Cyprus, Mr.C and I are going for a long deserved rest. We are going to relax and swim and eat (well carefully for me unfortunately ) and go exploring. I like history so I should be ok there, you can't help tripping over historical things in the Mediterranean there is so much of it.

Where are you ?
I'm in Michigan and have lived here my entire life. I know many lovely places to go as long as you're here in the summer. Other Michiganders will disagree with my dislike of winter, but there you have it.
The Great Lakes, any of them, are wonderful to see, as is Mackinac Island. We have a lot of land set aside as state and national forests if you're in the mood for nature. I can't tell you much about city entertainment, but there are a lot of good venues for all kinds of music in the Detroit area. And Chicago - well there's no place quite like Chicago.

I know lots of good places to go in Texas, but Tobias Monk would be better to ask about that. I only visit the place once a year. I know we have other posters from all over the country; we're just scattered a bit.

It sounds like you have some wonderful vacation time in store for you.

The Oracle

Posted Thu Mar 5th, 2009 11:09pm Post subject: Such Courage!
Thanks PamJH for your help and kindness I will certainly call on you (not cup of tea call on you} but con on you for help and suggestions its such a vast country a girl could get lost.

Hope you're well.

Laura.