Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

katysara

Posted Sat May 3rd, 2008 12:15pm Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation
Hello. My name is Katy Sara and I work for Equilibrium - The Bipolar Foundation and am bipolar. Stephen Fry very kindly agreed to be our Special Ambassador and help us further our cause.

You can see him on the home page, or on this page, where he wrote his message about getting involved.

We need funding. Any funding. If you want to help, click here. (It's a secure giving page, and if you want to set up direct debits then PM me, that will hopefully soon be available).

Fluffy best wishes,
KSx
--
Katy-Sara Culling
EQUILIBRIUM - The Bipolar Foundation.
Bipolar Testimony Project Manager.
katy.sara@bipolar-foundation.org
http://www.bipolar-foundation.org/

If you haven't already done so, join our Bipolar In-Touch Network and receive our comprehensive and up-to-date newsletters. Click here.

Equilibrium works with others to transform the understanding and treatment of bipolar disorder.
Equilibrium - The Bipolar Foundation is registered with the Charities Commission (England: registration number 1117177)
and company limited by guarantee and Companies House in the UK (registration number 5659355)
Registered office: 1 Rivercourt, 1 Trinity Street, OXFORD, UK, OX1 1TQ, UK

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

hooker1uk

Posted Sat Oct 31st, 2009 11:29pm Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation

i'm looking for charities to fundraise for next year. would you be interested in a nutcase on a pushbike?
Sadly i can't offer money at the moment as i'm off work but will help where i can.

katysara

Posted Thu Dec 10th, 2009 4:17pm Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation

Of course we need all the help we can get!

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

Foolosophy2

Posted Mon Nov 22nd, 2010 3:37am Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation

I recently viewed an Australian interview of Stephen Fry speaking about Bipolar and that he suffers from a milder form (I can't recall the exact medical term he used)

It was pleasing to hear Stephen say that he prefered the ups and downs of his condition rather than the "pharmaceutical Labotomy" option (as he put it) which involves a type drug induced zombification.

The Ancient Greeks spoke about the importance of the ups and downs of existence. They are integral to life and also form the foundation of a person's character and essence.

(and this is why Bipolar disorders shouldnt be referred to as disorders - in fact the diagnosis of Bipolar disorder is via a questionare or survey - no blood test or Cat Scan can diagnose this ailment. So we must ALL be Bipolar then. Although the extreme cases must be painful for the people who have to experience the ultra lows, their highs must be euphoric)

katysara

Posted Mon Dec 6th, 2010 6:11pm Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation

Foolosophy2,

I am curious as to why you posted this on a thread about Stephen Fry being an Ambassador for THE BIPOLAR FOUNDATI0N - EQUILIBRIUM.

Katy Sara

~ Stephen Fry

Katymum

Posted Thu Aug 11th, 2011 12:14pm Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation

I thought I really must tell you that more than 800 pounds has been donated in memory of Katy Sara. Thank you all so very much, not just for the money but for the amazing support you have given us. Knowing that you were there for her and reading your beautiful posts has given us great comfort. She loved this forum so please fight on for her! Love and our best wishes to you all and please keep in touch. Sue and Paul xxx

Vampyros

Posted Thu Aug 18th, 2011 3:48am Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation

That is amazing - hopefully the tribute book will add to that total. Katy would be so proud of everyone.

Vx

The Katy Sara Culling Tribute is ready in e-Book form http://chipmunkapublishing.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2326 Charity/Bipolar

Katymum

Posted Wed Dec 14th, 2011 11:20am Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation

Katy's Godfather has raised another 475 pounds for the Foundation in her memory Sue x

hardis

Posted Thu Sep 26th, 2013 9:37am Post subject: Support Stephen Fry's charity - The Bipolar Foundation

I would really like the opportunity to sit down privately with him and talk to him in detail about his experience. It is very interesting to me.